Windows 10: running DOS as ADMIN

Discus and support running DOS as ADMIN in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to run a command (schtasks) that requires ADMIN privileges. I added schtasks to a bat file (along with my other DOS commands that do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromberg, Jul 31, 2019.

1. bromberg Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I would like to run a command (schtasks) that requires ADMIN privileges. I added schtasks to a bat file (along with my other DOS commands that do not require ADMIN priviliges), right-clicked its shortcut and chose the
    RUN AS ADMIN option. A DOS screen appeared for a milisecond and then vanished so I have no idea what the problem is (since without running as ADMIN the DOS screen remains for me to take further action).

I can run other programs as ADMIN so why can't I run this one? For example, if I were to open a DOS window as ADMIN and then manually type in the schtasks command there would be no problem.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    Dan

:)

bromberg, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 31, 2019
  3. OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that the issue still persists.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists in the Built-in Administrator account
    (hidden administrator account). To enable the account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Login to the account and check for status.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

running DOS as ADMIN

1. running DOS as ADMIN - Similar Threads - running DOS ADMIN

2. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  3. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  4. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  7. Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a DOS script to run on login that runs four services, consecutively.: We are having a problem with a piece of software that loads four non-Microsoft services on a Windows 10 workstation. That these services need to load in a specific order. Some services won't load if a certain service hasn't loaded first.Is there an easy way to prioritize...
  8. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  9. DOS

DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  10. Need assistance running DOS program on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need assistance running DOS program on Win10: Good morning, I have an old DOS test scoring program that I need to run on my Win10 (64bit) computer. Obviously, it doesn't work. I will also need it to print the test results. Is there an easy way to run DOS on Win10? Obviously, when I try and run it, I am unable to. I...