Windows 10: Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server

Discus and support Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We got a temporary file share on a Windows10 server and I moved my .exe to the file share. I ran the application but it seemed to create extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LynnLaVerdure, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server

We got a temporary file share on a Windows10 server and I moved my .exe to the file share. I ran the application but it seemed to create extra sessions on the server. The application ran just fine. No problems.

Did some webx with Lynn, and find out the .exe promote more open sessions on the file server just from one person executed an .exe (5 open sessions) from a client. This execute .exe from workstation which can cause problem for shared server environment.

I need some suggestions as to what we might be able to do to fix this "extra open sessions" before the "server" people will let me use their server for my application.

***Modified title from: Need to run/execute an application (.exe) from basic Windows 10 file share without making extra sessions on server***

:)

LynnLaVerdure, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 7, 2019
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. Ahhzz Win User

Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server

1. Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server - Similar Threads - Running exe file

2. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  3. Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016: I can not run .exe file from a .bat file, .bat file is dynamically create file which contains path to the .exe file. I can see the log of .bat file it prints echo statements but when It comes to execute .exe file it just skip. when I run .exe file manually it runs perfectly....
  4. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  6. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...
  7. Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows: Hi Sir/Madam, This is Devaraj Kanagaddi I am working as Software Developer. I located in southern part of INDIA. I implemented simple C++ program using Visual studio 2017 platform, In that i used threading and curl library. I Build my code with x64 in release mode. I...
  8. Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server: I we have windows 2008 file server - where one of windows 10 system - even is should down - it shows open file session on file server. Is their any update of patch for windows 10 which can fix this issue. It will be a great help for me . Tushar Joshi...
  9. Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.: I have a keyboard with a pad of 18 programmable keys. I use them to run various programs and commands like copy and paste, firefox, crome, Outlook, etc. I have been completely stumped trying to get Microsoft Edge to launch as there is no convenient Microsoft Edge.exe to be...
  10. Extra partitions created by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra partitions created by Windows 10: I downloaded the iso and installed 10 over 7, doing the clean install option instead of an upgrade. After everything setup, I noticed some extra partitions were created that 7 did not have. Both are on my main C: drive. One is 450 MB labeled "Recovery Partition". After that...