Windows 10: Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Running IE in Windows 10 Pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro installed and I also have PAYG electric and gas meters in my house. These run via a USB card reader / key reader, which in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

I have Windows 10 Pro installed and I also have PAYG electric and gas meters in my house.

These run via a USB card reader / key reader, which in Windows 7, used IE as its only browser due to ActiveX installs.

This system cannot run via Chrome etc - it must be using IE. That is, until I was to install Windows 10.

The website (British Gas) doesn't run on Edge. I have been in to Programs and Features and ticked the Internet Explorer 11 box and rebooted and yes, IE loads. However, when I load the website to top up, it treats it just the same as if I am using Edge and doesn't see any difference.

I need to find a way for the system to be able to load IE properly, as IE. I have read lots of forums that say IE was kept on for legacy purposes but in this case it doesn't seem to be working.

:)

AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015

2. Edge Freezes, then Windows 10 freezes. Can I remove the upgrade?

IE 11 and Edge freeze on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. Chrome does not. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

gary breeden, Aug 18, 2015
  3. IE 11 64 bit does not run in Windows 10 pro

Before the upgrade to windows 10 Pro, I was running Windows 7 professional and IE 11 64 bit.

Now I notice that IE 11 32 bit is the only version of IE 11 available after the upgrade . Why?

Best

Geoff

GeoffDaniell, Aug 18, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

I just had a look using Windows 10 64bit and IE 11.

According to their mixed messages it's not IE 11 it's that they don't support, it's Windows 10.

First I got: requires Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1.

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

Next I got: requires Windows XP, Vista 32 bit or Windows 7 32 bit.

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    It also states: 'Home Energy Top Up only works on the 32bit version of Internet Explorer and not the 64 bit version'.

Maybe that's your problem?

Install 32bit IE?

6. The original OS I had was Win 7 Ultimate x86
    It upgraded to Win 10 Pro

The PC is only x86 so I am assuming that the OS isn't x64

When I ran IE it didn't have an option for a 64 bit browser so I am guessing it ran as 32 bit

Only other feasible option I can think of is a Win 7 image on VMWare *Smile

AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, that sounds like a good option.

Also, maybe try spoofing the site by changing the IE11 user-agent string to show Windows 7. It's under something like Developer Tools->Emulation.

8. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

VMWare option running Windows 7 seems to work *Smile

short term fix I am hoping till British Gas keep up with the rest of civilisation

hurrah for not sitting typing in the dark *Smile

AyrshireDJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

1. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Running Pro

2. I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro: I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-pbs-endo-and-need-visual-fox/842a6303-76f1-4983-a2f3-faca85c92bcf
  3. I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro: I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-pbs-endo-and-need-visual-fox/842a6303-76f1-4983-a2f3-faca85c92bcf
  4. I am trying to run PBS Endo and need visual fox pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...: I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list....
  6. I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...

I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...: I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list....
  7. My surface pro x will not run any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro x will not run any games: Hello everyone. I have been struggling to fix this problem for awhile so I am brining it here. For backstory when I first got my surface pro x in the summer of 2023 I was playing games and it was great until I had a problem with my screen. I had a warranty and sent it in to...
  8. My surface pro x will not run any games

My surface pro x will not run any games: Hello everyone. I have been struggling to fix this problem for awhile so I am brining it here. For backstory when I first got my surface pro x in the summer of 2023 I was playing games and it was great until I had a problem with my screen. I had a warranty and sent it in to...
  9. I upgraded my CPU on my PC running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.3527. Windows will now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU on my PC running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.3527. Windows will now...: I upgraded my Win 10 Pro install to Win 11 when offered the free upgrade and there were no issues. My product key was accepted then. I followed the instructions to re-enter my product key but it was not accepted. I have checked the original email I received from the seller...
  10. I upgraded my CPU on my PC running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.3527. Windows will now...

I upgraded my CPU on my PC running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.3527. Windows will now...: I upgraded my Win 10 Pro install to Win 11 when offered the free upgrade and there were no issues. My product key was accepted then. I followed the instructions to re-enter my product key but it was not accepted. I have checked the original email I received from the seller...