Windows 10: Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Running IE in Windows 10 Pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro installed and I also have PAYG electric and gas meters in my house. These run via a USB card reader / key reader, which in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

I have Windows 10 Pro installed and I also have PAYG electric and gas meters in my house.

These run via a USB card reader / key reader, which in Windows 7, used IE as its only browser due to ActiveX installs.

This system cannot run via Chrome etc - it must be using IE. That is, until I was to install Windows 10.

The website (British Gas) doesn't run on Edge. I have been in to Programs and Features and ticked the Internet Explorer 11 box and rebooted and yes, IE loads. However, when I load the website to top up, it treats it just the same as if I am using Edge and doesn't see any difference.

I need to find a way for the system to be able to load IE properly, as IE. I have read lots of forums that say IE was kept on for legacy purposes but in this case it doesn't seem to be working.

:)

AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015

2. Edge Freezes, then Windows 10 freezes. Can I remove the upgrade?

IE 11 and Edge freeze on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. Chrome does not. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

gary breeden, Aug 18, 2015
  3. IE 11 64 bit does not run in Windows 10 pro

Before the upgrade to windows 10 Pro, I was running Windows 7 professional and IE 11 64 bit.

Now I notice that IE 11 32 bit is the only version of IE 11 available after the upgrade . Why?

Best

Geoff

GeoffDaniell, Aug 18, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

I just had a look using Windows 10 64bit and IE 11.

According to their mixed messages it's not IE 11 it's that they don't support, it's Windows 10.

First I got: requires Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1.

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

Next I got: requires Windows XP, Vista 32 bit or Windows 7 32 bit.

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    It also states: 'Home Energy Top Up only works on the 32bit version of Internet Explorer and not the 64 bit version'.

Maybe that's your problem?

Install 32bit IE?

6. The original OS I had was Win 7 Ultimate x86
    It upgraded to Win 10 Pro

The PC is only x86 so I am assuming that the OS isn't x64

When I ran IE it didn't have an option for a 64 bit browser so I am guessing it ran as 32 bit

Only other feasible option I can think of is a Win 7 image on VMWare *Smile

AyrshireDJ, Aug 18, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, that sounds like a good option.

Also, maybe try spoofing the site by changing the IE11 user-agent string to show Windows 7. It's under something like Developer Tools->Emulation.

8. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

VMWare option running Windows 7 seems to work *Smile

short term fix I am hoping till British Gas keep up with the rest of civilisation

hurrah for not sitting typing in the dark *Smile

AyrshireDJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Running IE in Windows 10 Pro

1. Running IE in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Running Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro "License Included" on my PC that is running Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro "License Included" on my PC that is running Windows 7 Pro: When this HP ProBook 470 G3 was purchased in June, 2017, the invoice stated "Windows 7 Professional (Windows 10 Pro License)". Windows 7 Professional was activated upon receiving the machine, is currently up to date, and in daily use. Does having this Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...: Yes, it was stupid. Is this going to be a problem to correct? The C: drive is the only encrypted disk and it is working. I had three partitions showing in Disk Management shown from left to right as 100 MB, 435GB and 500mb. The 500MB was listed as RECOVERY. I deleted it...
  4. Macros are not running in windows 10 pro and enterprise editions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros are not running in windows 10 pro and enterprise editions: Hi Team, We are facing an issue while executing the macros in windows 10 Pro and Enterprise edition.. When we are trying to open the Macros excel sheet it shows "Automation Error", the same excel is working as expected in most of other machines (with the same...
  5. surface pro fan constantly running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro fan constantly running: My surface pro fan is constantly running even when no programs are open. only when I unplug it and it goes to power saver mode suddenly the fan shuts up. Does anyone know how I can manually put my surface into power savor mode when plugged in? my windows is updated and in...
  6. Troubleshooting connecting Zoom H6 device to Dell OptiPlex 7060 Running Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooting connecting Zoom H6 device to Dell OptiPlex 7060 Running Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I'm having trouble getting my PC to recognize my Zoom H6 device and read/transfer files onto my PC. When I turn on the Zoom H6 and select SD card reader, I get a "USB device not recognized" message (The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...
  7. Win10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) : Bluetooth SPP ( virtual COM) failure after running...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) : Bluetooth SPP ( virtual COM) failure after running...: I use windows 10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) on Surface Pro 3. X64 After connecting to Bluetooth device with SSP profile , a virtual COM port is generate by windows. I wort an app by C# that open the port and sent data to TX every 200ms) I make sure all bytes are...
  8. Windows 10 running through Boot Camp (MacBook Pro 2017) not connecting Bluetooth mice.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 running through Boot Camp (MacBook Pro 2017) not connecting Bluetooth mice.: I have two Bluetooth mice (Magic Mouse 2 and Logitech M535). They connect fine on other PCs. I have Windows 10 Home running on my MacBook Pro (bought in 2017) via Boot Camp. Everything works fine (Printers installed via TCP/IP, etc.), except the Bluetooth devices. I'm using...
  9. I am running win10 pro and it connects wireless to my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am running win10 pro and it connects wireless to my network: but i can't rember the password to the network. how can i find it or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-running-win10-pro-and-it-connects-wireless-to/a7eca146-d821-45bc-9768-82e3c7d77f50
  10. WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE: Hey guys, i came across this problem recently on a laptop i'm working on. Seems that this laptop came with a win 8 OEM key which is bounded to the MB. HP ENVY Touchsmart is the laptop, now it is running win 10 pro (they probably updated in the past but now it has 2x keys) and...