Windows 10: Running in a protected mode

Discus and support Running in a protected mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Diagnostic Tools test revealed Error Code: BIOHD-8. Yet, I am still able to use computer in a reduced functionality with the power button showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 12thplanet, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Running in a protected mode

Diagnostic Tools test revealed Error Code: BIOHD-8. Yet, I am still able to use computer in a reduced functionality with the power button showing yellow instead of blue. What is the name of this protected mode?

:)

12thplanet, Nov 30, 2018

2. Return from protected mode into standards mode

Hi Martin,

We need more information about your concern. Please provide the following:

• Are you pertaining to Internet Explorer or the whole Windows system running in
      Protected Mode?
    • How did you set up this Protected Mode?
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Nov 30, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

Running in a protected mode

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Running in a protected mode

1. Running in a protected mode - Similar Threads - Running protected mode

2. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  3. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  4. Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...: Greetings, and hello I was wondering if it's possible to run a FULL virus scan in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on Win 10 Pro, 64-bit? I think it may detect things/more things than it would vs. running a FULL virus scan in Normal...
  5. what is protected mode and how will u know in which mode is system running

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is protected mode and how will u know in which mode is system running: what is protected mode, and you know whether u are running in a protected mode or not. how to change the mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-protected-mode-and-how-will-u-know-in/86468bff-3be4-4c92-9e71-ff76031f6cf4
  6. Run pc but protect with pw?

Run pc but protect with pw?: I want to leave my pc.über after downloadem but if you want to touch it again you have to enter a pw so it runs but if jmd wants to access it you have to use pw (Windows10) but how? Pc laufen lassen aber mit pw schützen?
  7. System Protection Troubleshooter cannot run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Protection Troubleshooter cannot run: Can someone advice me how to stop this error? I ran sfc /scannow and it is fine. I ran DISM and it is also fine. So...? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-protection-troubleshooter-cannot-run/db884a7f-7807-4eb0-86ed-9966892c39b7
  8. Virus & threat protection unable to run

Virus & threat protection unable to run: Hello everyone! I have been facing an issue with Windows security for more than 1 month. After downloading 2 antiviruses Panda & Avast just to check something I uninstalled them immediately, I am unable to run a virus scan or update the Windows Security and the all the...
  9. Windows DefendeVirus Protection not running

Windows DefendeVirus Protection not running: I posted a feedback previously that windows defender virus protection was not running. Now after some troubleshooting suggested in the community center, although virtually it is showing on when opening the windows defender security center, but when I am opening the virus &...
  10. Protected Mode Without Asking For It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protected Mode Without Asking For It: Why are all of my files blocked or protected since one of the most recent updates. When I try to move a file it makes me unblock it, and when I open a Microsoft document it is in protected mode and I have to enable it. I never put protection on my documents but it is acting...