Windows 10: Running in to endless problems with Windows 10

Discus and support Running in to endless problems with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have started to wonder if the latest development of Windows 10 is actually a serious attempt of returning to the good old days of Windows Me o... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GabriellaNonino, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Running in to endless problems with Windows 10

I have started to wonder if the latest development of Windows 10 is actually a serious attempt of returning to the good old days of Windows Me o Windows Vista when no native repair tool could get to grip with the faulty architecture of this system.

About two weeks ago my install of Windows 10 went dead and no attempt of system repair succeed in bringing it back to life. I then decided to install Windows 10 media on a memory stick. This took about 8 attempts because at around 50% the install would just roll back. When I finally succeeded at doing a clean reinstall Windows 10 broke down at the first attempt of installing updates. having spent the last two days in figuring out a solution by wading through an endless amount of forums and suggestions I decided to remove the the existing copy through it's native Restore Windows to Factory settings (hoping, in this way, to perform once again a clean install but no. Half way through the operation Windows 10 gave up and reverted to the old copy.

Having spent an considerable amount of time on this matter (and no, it's not the hardware which has been thoroughly checked) and having lost all my personal data in the process I can only conclude that Windows 10 is a rushed edition which should have been given a lot more thought.

If you could enlighten me any further on how to solve this I would be glad to have some feedback but I won't hold my breath.

:)

GabriellaNonino, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Running in to endless problems with Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Running in to endless problems with Windows 10

1. Running in to endless problems with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Running endless problems

2. Windows 11 22H2 endless problems installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 endless problems installing: I have two high-powered Windows PCs that I built myself. I am having problems installing Windows 11, version 22H2 on both, and always the same problem. Every week or so for the past three months, Windows Update tells me that this new version is available this is quite apart...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 endless problems installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 endless problems installing: I have two high-powered Windows PCs that I built myself. I am having problems installing Windows 11, version 22H2 on both, and always the same problem. Every week or so for the past three months, Windows Update tells me that this new version is available this is quite apart...
  4. Endless loading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Endless loading Windows 10: Hi guy. I have got Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to play Batman on Steam. I reloaded my PC to clean RAM. But now it turns on INFINITY. I did a lot, but nothing helps. I turned off, turned on and I did it a lot of times. Safe mode doesn't help. I tried to on PC helpful BIOS, but it...
  5. Seemingly endless problems with resetting Windows 10 on laptop and everything else

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly endless problems with resetting Windows 10 on laptop and everything else: Hey now I recently picked up a PC that I have had lying around for a while and not used - It is an Asus gaming laptop with Intel I7 that originally came with Windows 8 installed on it - now it has Windows 10 on it. After using it for not very long, i have encountered...
  6. Having endless problems with my system, seems like an endless loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having endless problems with my system, seems like an endless loop.: As of around the start of the year, I have been having problems with my PC. It started with my PC turning itself off whenever I'd load up a game, this was duo to overheating. However, that problem seemed to just stop happening as of recently and it has moved onto endless...
  7. Windows 10 endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 endless loop: Hello, Windows 10 did its ordinary update by itself and after that my cpu run 100% all the time. So i decided to get it back to older version, but now my laptop is in endless loop. It is really frustrating. I can't do nothing except accessing to command line prompt when i...
  8. Endless app problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless app problems.: A few days after installing Win 10 my Store and Photo apps stopped working. My Mail app now won't sync and occasionally disappears from my screen. Despite many hours of having my laptop remotely controlled by a Windows tech and 4 more Win 10 downloads (all of which have...
  9. Endless Connectivity Problems IPv4/6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Endless Connectivity Problems IPv4/6: Hi, sorry for tor the confusing problem I'll explain from the beginning. Yesterday my Ethernet (via a power line) was coming up with a yellow exclamation mark with the error of "Cannot find a valid IP configuration" I went through the entire process of trying to solve...
  10. Endless problems with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Endless problems with Windows 10: I certainly appreciate the update offered to go to Windows 10 for free, but working with this system has been a series of horrible and pointless errors that has resulted in a spectacular amount of blue screens and freezes that make me feel that the whole thing is barely worth...