Windows 10: running incompatable programs on Win 10

Discus and support running incompatable programs on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10. Problem is that I have several 'legacy'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DWFII, Apr 6, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

running incompatable programs on Win 10

I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10.

Problem is that I have several 'legacy' programs that I cannot & do not want to, abandon--WordPerfect X4 CorelDraw X4 and Ventura 10. they all work fine on Win7 ( a 64 bit OS) but I am near-as-nevermind certain they will not work on Ten. From what I have read elsewhere, I don't think they work in compatibility mode either...even if they can be installed (no guarantee on that). That's the thing I hate about upgrading.

So, is a VM my only alternative? Is that even a viable solution? Or has anyone gotten around this problem with the above mentioned apps?

:)

DWFII, Apr 6, 2019

2. Incompatible Program

My Windows 10 Pro machine identifies KindlePreviewer.exe as an incompatible program and yet this very same program runs just fine on my wife's Lenovo Yoga 700 under Windows 10 Home and on her older ThinkPad under Windows 7 Pro
    without any 'compatibility' adjustments. How do I find the bug in my machine which was upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7???

Leon Gauthier, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and Quickbooks 2014 Listed As Incompatible Program

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and Quickbooks 2014 Listed As Incompatible Program. Also using new Microsofr Edge Browser if that has anything to do with problem. Quick Books generated following report:

running incompatable programs on Win 10 bc9b2a7c-e43b-462d-b782-e910ad77c73b.png

YankeesMike, Apr 6, 2019
  4. running incompatable programs on Win 10

Program incompatibility.

Hi Pratik,

One possible factor why is your Mall Tycoon 3 screen is flashing after starting the game is that the component of the game is corrupted. To isolate compatibility issues with, here are steps on how to use Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel > All Control Items. You will see the Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, under Programs & Features.

• Click on it to open the Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

*You can also create a Program Compatibility Troubleshooter desktop shortcut.

• Click Next or the Advanced option, if you don’t want things to be fixed automatically. Windows will try to detect programs you may be facing problems with.

• Select the one you want and click Next.

*The Troubleshooter will analyze and present a list of problems.

• Click on Next to fix the problems.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

running incompatable programs on Win 10

1. running incompatable programs on Win 10 - Similar Threads - running incompatable programs

2. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible program: hello, I have a problem with java setup jre-8u361-windows-x64. when i open it it give me the run as administrators I click yes but when the the laptop loading mouse loading it's give me nothing ! So their are any solution to fix it? NOTE : I Use to make it in windows...
  3. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incompatible program: hello, I have a problem with java setup jre-8u361-windows-x64. when i open it it give me the run as administrators I click yes but when the the laptop loading mouse loading it's give me nothing ! So their are any solution to fix it? NOTE : I Use to make it in windows...
  4. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Incompatible program

Incompatible program: Just purchased a new Dell computer. Tried installing TurboTax 2020 program I just get a blank screen. Tried running troubleshooter issue found Incompatible Program. How do I fix it...
  6. Incompatible Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incompatible Program: I tried giving a program of mine administrative privileges by going to properties and checking the run as administrator box. But it doesn't work. When I tried troubleshooting it, I got the error message incompatible program. Can anyone help with this?...
  7. Program Incompatibility

Program Incompatibility: I am running Windows10 and have downloaded a new software program that will not open I have communicated with their tech support but have now resolved the problem. I have ran Program Compatibility Troubleshooter that compares it to Windows 8 but not Windows 10. The new...
  8. unable to run programs in Win 10

unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  9. PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY

PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY: Unfortunately I have been using Windows 7 because my Auto desk Inventor 2010 will not work with Windows 10. Any suggestion would be welcom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-incompatibility/9c2fa257-6e6c-48cb-942c-d4ad1d8a24d2
  10. incompatible program

incompatible program: Does anyone know how to fix a .exe file that says on troubleshoot compatibility its a incompatible program? 61890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incompatable program

2. quickbooks listed as an incompatable program on windows