Windows 10: Running Internet Checkers as localhost

Discus and support Running Internet Checkers as localhost in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I understand that support for these classic games has ended, however for nostalgia purposes I am trying to set it up with local host to play with a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Davey.jones65, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Running Internet Checkers as localhost

I understand that support for these classic games has ended, however for nostalgia purposes I am trying to set it up with local host to play with a few friends to reinforce old memories. Once I can set it up on localhost I can use vpn apps to connect a few players. When searching for solutions I come up empty handed. Is connecting/matchmaking via local host possible?

:)

Davey.jones65, Mar 30, 2021

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Internet + localhost server randomly inaccessible

Hi,

I'm working on a 64bit installation of Windows 10 Pro where the internet access and localhost server randomly are inaccessible. All browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) can't load localhost server (which was running perfectly before) or other (external) sites
    / servers. Also on Windows lock screen no internet connection can be made.

After reboot problem is (temporally) fixed. Pinging google.com works and on all other computers in the network the problem doesn't occur. Network adapter displays connection without any problem.

What I've tried so far:

• disabling virusscanner / firewall
    • ipconfig /flushdns (I'm using Google DNS servers)
    • network cable changed / switch port changed
    • complete reinstall of Windows
    Any ideas what this may be?

Maarten_23491, Mar 30, 2021
  4. divingsb Win User

Running Internet Checkers as localhost

Windows update checker runs infinitum

Hi Akheel, I have run the update checker tool as you suggest in step 1 and it has discovered an error

"Service registration is missing or corrupt"

Should I try step 2 above to resolve or is there another way?

many thanks.

divingsb, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Running Internet Checkers as localhost

1. Running Internet Checkers as localhost - Similar Threads - Running Internet Checkers

2. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  3. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  4. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running System File Checker Tool.: When I type sfc/scannow into command prompt and hit enter, all I get is:sfc/scannow : The term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path...
  5. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running System File Checker Tool.: When I type sfc/scannow into command prompt and hit enter, all I get is:sfc/scannow : The term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path...
  6. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Running System File Checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running System File Checker: I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive? 155316
  8. internet checkers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    internet checkers: How can I get internet checkers back - to play a person - back on my computer. Not on my cell. Internet checkers was great for relaxing after being busy on the computer for a few hours - but it disappeared....
  9. Windows 7 Internet checkers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Internet checkers: I have the Windows 7 Internet checkers game installed on my Win 10 now and it works great. But is it possible to add my own comments to the canned ones that are already built into the game?...
  10. localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac