Windows 10: Running iTunes on Windows 10

Discus and support Running iTunes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running itues on Windows 10 has been flawless for years. Then, a series of issues: Computer doesn't recognize iPod, will not sync, iTunes won't let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DJM405, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DJM405 Win User

Running iTunes on Windows 10

Running itues on Windows 10 has been flawless for years. Then, a series of issues: Computer doesn't recognize iPod, will not sync, iTunes won't let me edit some settings, etc. The iPods will charge fine, when plugged into USB, a folder opens. Identical problems on two different PCs, two different iPods, different cords, etc. To date I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, removed every related file I can find, and worked with three different folks at Apple support. Same issues. Any ideas?

:)

DJM405, Jan 28, 2020

2. Itunes not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the iTunes as an administrator, right click on iTunes and click on “Run as the Administartor”. Check if that helps.

If the issue persists, run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 28, 2020
  3. how to unistall then reinstall itunes in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to try uninstall iTunes from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps to uninstall iTunes:

• Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install iTunes in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the iTunes and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the iTunes install and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Running iTunes on Windows 10

I can't open iTunes or iCloud in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and iCloud and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and iCloud:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for iTunes and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall iCloud.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Running iTunes on Windows 10

1. Running iTunes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Running iTunes

2. iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.: I'm running iTunes 12.5.3.17 on Win7. I need to move it to new computer running Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-running-125317-on-win7-must-move-to-win10/49492577-bd1e-4ecb-9292-fc28a0b51683
  3. iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.: I'm running iTunes 12.5.3.17 on Win7. I need to move it to new computer running Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-running-125317-on-win7-must-move-to-win10/49492577-bd1e-4ecb-9292-fc28a0b51683
  4. Running Windows 11 - iTunes will not recognize my iPhone

Running Windows 11 - iTunes will not recognize my iPhone: I have spent several hours with Apple support. maybe someone can help here.When I connect my iPhone 8 IOS 16.1 to my PC running Windows 11 using a cable, I can see and manipulate the photos on my iPhone. I can transfer them to my PC.What I can't do is use iTunes to manage the...
  5. Running Windows 11 - iTunes will not recognize my iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 11 - iTunes will not recognize my iPhone: I have spent several hours with Apple support. maybe someone can help here.When I connect my iPhone 8 IOS 16.1 to my PC running Windows 11 using a cable, I can see and manipulate the photos on my iPhone. I can transfer them to my PC.What I can't do is use iTunes to manage the...
  6. Can't run iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store: Hi there, recently I started to get this error when my computer starts up:If I try to run iTunes - nothing happens.The Microsoft Store shows that iTunes is installed and then I try to run it by hitting the "Open" button I'm getting the same errorUnfortunately, I can't...
  7. Can't run iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store

Can't run iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store: Hi there, recently I started to get this error when my computer starts up:If I try to run iTunes - nothing happens.The Microsoft Store shows that iTunes is installed and then I try to run it by hitting the "Open" button I'm getting the same errorUnfortunately, I can't...
  8. Can't run iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. how to install ITUNES on Microsoft Mobile Lumia cellphone running windows 10

how to install ITUNES on Microsoft Mobile Lumia cellphone running windows 10: how to istall itunes ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-itunes-on-microsoft-mobile-lumia/25b6e473-405b-4350-be73-c4569131184c
  10. Not able to run iTunes in latest Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657 Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to run iTunes in latest Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657 Enterprise Edition: Not able to run iTunes in latest Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657 Enterprise Edition I am not able to see any response when I run the iTunes in my PC using Window 10 release 1909 Build above. I used to be able to run the iTunes a few weeks ago. What should I do?...