Windows 10: Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

Discus and support Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/winmannian, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the information of what's going on when I'm running Mint? Programs used, keystrokes, web sites, etc.?

Also, suggestions on which VM software to use for a novice like me? Thank you in advance for your replies.

submitted by /u/winmannian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/winmannian, Jan 20, 2021
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Install Linux in a Windows 10 Virtual Machine?

What is a good virtual machine software I can use to setup a Linux environment? I am having too much trouble dual booting Mint with my Windows 10. Is there a quick way to setup up VM for Linux?

xkm1948, Jan 20, 2021
  3. sumit_123 Win User
    Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux

Once I enable Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux and install Ubuntu from app store on Window 10 home (2004) the laptop screen is having some flickering issues. The issue got resolve if I disable these two.

If anyone experience the issue, please suggest the permanent resolution.

Thanks !

sumit_123, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

Hi all,

New windows user alert Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine :)

I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside VMware Fusion with isolation settings set to max (e.g. no file sharing, clipboard etc...) and whenever I have a suspicious URL or even archive that
    I want to inspect it's content I can run it on this Linux with reasonable expectation that what I run inside the VM will not affect the host system (and yes, I know it's not full proof). I was wondering if Hyper-V has the same isolation level or is it a more lightweight
    wrapper?

Thanks in advance.

Haim

Haim Ashkenazi, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

1. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Running Linux virtual

2. Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server: I have been looking through all of the licensing pages on Microsoft site and can not find the correct information on what licensing I should buy to be able to install a Windows 11 Operating System in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server. The Windows version and hypervisor does...
  3. Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server: I have been looking through all of the licensing pages on Microsoft site and can not find the correct information on what licensing I should buy to be able to install a Windows 11 Operating System in a Virtual Machine on a Linux server. The Windows version and hypervisor does...
  4. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v: Hi all, New windows user alert : I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside VMware Fusion with isolation settings set to max e.g. no file sharing, clipboard etc... and whenever I have a suspicious URL or...
  5. Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux: Once I enable Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux and install Ubuntu from app store on Window 10 home 2004 the laptop screen is having some flickering issues. The issue got resolve if I disable these two. If anyone experience the issue, please suggest the...
  6. Windows 10 inside a local virtual machine license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 inside a local virtual machine license: I want to install windows 10 in a virtual box virtual machine on my laptop, that runs Windows 10 pro. I need another Windows installation because I need a closed environment for a project at work. Can I do this, and what kind of license do I need for this Windows 10 pro that...
  7. Virtual machine to run linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual machine to run linux: Windows is not my main OS. I use it for work and I'd like to install openSUSE (or any other distribution) on a virtual machine to use while I do office work on Windows. What are my options? submitted by /u/C8H10N4O2montreal [link] [comments]...
  8. Virtual Machine Running Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine Running Issue: Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)...
  9. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  10. Internet exclusively on a Linux virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet exclusively on a Linux virtual machine?: I have Windows 10 and run Linux on a virtual machine in VMware. Is it possible to set it up so my internet traffic only runs through the Linux VM and not through Windows? I figure this would be a good setup for security. 46852