Windows 10: Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything

Discus and support Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm new to PC, just built my first once 5 days ago, i have a 1050ti, 16gb of ram, and a core i5 7500, i was told that's a pretty decent set up and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chickenramen, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything

I'm new to PC, just built my first once 5 days ago, i have a 1050ti, 16gb of ram, and a core i5 7500, i was told that's a pretty decent set up and i could run games decent but when i try to play anything i'm running 25-45 fps with everything on low including cs go. All my drivers are up to date as far as i know and I've literally tried everything, the only thing i haven't really messed with is the bios and it kinda scares me because i don't want to ruin my motherboard lol. I've taken my PC apart and put it back together, tried older drivers, turned off all setting i don't need, and more. when i run a bench mark i get a average of 40 fps and my graphics card runs at 100% and my CPU runs at 25%, i don't know if that's important but it might tell y'all something, please don't bash me up too hard lol this is my first PC and i invested everything i have. Im thinking my graphics card might be broken or something, i sure hope not.

:)

chickenramen, Dec 14, 2017

2. games on windows 10 running extremely slowly (compared to windows 8)

Oddly enough everything else on my computer works just fine, internet, settings, etc. The games, however, still run normally everything works fine, but when the game actually starts everything slows to a crawl. Clocking at about 6 fps max. When on windows
    8 the same game would run at just shy of 60 fps. I've tried everything from re-downloading the game to fiddling with the compatibility mode. Anyone, any suggestions?

XxavionnxX, Dec 14, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    slance310, Dec 14, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything

Who told you that it was a decent machine? Where is your benchmark and what did you use to run it?

bro67, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Woody72 Win User
    Have you tried lowering, or turning off, anti-aliasing? Also, having shadows turned on really cripples most games if your GPU is struggling.

Woody72, Dec 14, 2017
  6. a few friends I know and a few people on the internet, I'm trying to play overwatch and and the friends I'm talking about are running higher fps than me with a worse set up, they run a steady 100 fps, and I used superposition benchmark

7. idk about anti aliasing but I did turn off shadows, all my settings are on complete minimum, people are saying my graphics card is broken, could that be the case?

8. clam1952 Win User

Well above the minimum hardware spec for Overwatch, have you installed the latest drivers from Nvidia?

clam1952, Dec 14, 2017
  9. zinou Win User
    A friend of mine, bought a new mobo and a Nvidia graphic cards. it's pretty cool configuration. But when he started his machine, windows 10 took a long time to start.I used Windows Performance Toolkit to troubleshoot this issue and found that the Nvidia driver was causing windows delay. The problem was that it was the latest version of this driver that was installed !So what we did is to put the Nvidia card on another PCI-e slot. And guess what ? problem solved. The root cause was a faulty PCI slot !So try to change the graphic card slot.

zinou, Dec 14, 2017
  10. i only have 1 graphics card slot and my graphics card doesnt have a pci-e input

chickenramen, Dec 15, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    A few friends does not mean anything. You need to get rid of that remark about your computer in My Computer and properly fill out all of the information, since that is how people remarking on this can see what equipment you are running. A few people on the Internet also do not mean anything.

bro67, Dec 15, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    You need a PCIe Video card for the PCIe slot if you have a desktop. PCIe GPU cards are the fastest out there at the moment. Fill out all information in My Computer and post benchmark results.

bro67, Dec 15, 2017
  13. Helmut Win User

Download and install 3DMark, (a 4 GB download). You can then compare your result with others using very similar hardware.

Only if you are way outside the normal distribution curve should you worry.

UL Benchmarks

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything - Similar Threads - Running low fps

2. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps on everything: I resseted my PC to a fresh start and when the system is done installing I restarted it. I notice something wierd like it's so laggy. I launcher one of my game and see that the fps is only 7. I don't know what happened I know my GPU is working and I haven't remove anything....
  3. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps on everything: I resseted my PC to a fresh start and when the system is done installing I restarted it. I notice something wierd like it's so laggy. I launcher one of my game and see that the fps is only 7. I don't know what happened I know my GPU is working and I haven't remove anything....
  4. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  6. Low fps in everything

Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  7. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: So Today i reseted my pc to a fresh start, and when the system installed, i felt something was wrong, like that the whole system was laggy than before the reset, and when i launched a random game that i installed, i had 5 fps in it even tho i always had like 100 fps Idk i...
  9. Low fps in everything

Low fps in everything: So Today i reseted my pc to a fresh start, and when the system installed, i felt something was wrong, like that the whole system was laggy than before the reset, and when i launched a random game that i installed, i had 5 fps in it even tho i always had like 100 fps Idk i...
  10. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...