Windows 10: running low on storage

Discus and support running low on storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting need to add more storage even after putting a 64gb driver (D) so is there anything else that I can do this is a relatively used laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelanieWhyte15, Mar 8, 2019.

1. running low on storage

I keep getting need to add more storage even after putting a 64gb driver (D) so is there anything else that I can do this is a relatively used laptop, about 2 years old

:)

MelanieWhyte15, Mar 8, 2019

2. low storage

• I have upgraded my pc from windows 7 to 10 and now my disk says low storage.
    what should I do please answer

HiraniASARS, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Running Low on Space

I keep getting a warning that I am running low on space in the Local Disk (Frunning low on storage :). None of the suggested fixes are doing anything to free up storage, any suggestions?

JessicaB123, Mar 8, 2019
  4. running low on storage

Storage Space shows low capacity warning

Hello Chaeril,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Windows created the low disk space warning to alert computer users when their hard drive is running low on available disk space. However in your case, the warning itself shows incorrect while there is still space left.

To be able to assist you better please let us know few more details on the below questions.

1. What is the make and the model of your computer?

2. Is the D: drive which you have shared the information about a secondary drive or a primary drive (Windows drive)?

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    If the above recommendation did not work, I would suggest you to follow the below steps as a work around to stop the Windows notification of low disk space.

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Type in regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / Explorer
    • If the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks key is not there, right-click to create a new DWORD value with that name.
    • Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, enter 1 for the value
    • Press OK and exit from REGEDIT.
    Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

running low on storage

1. running low on storage - Similar Threads - running low storage

2. Low Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Storage: I'm having some storage issues. I have about 118GB of storage in my C drive, that is currently almost full, with about 931 GB of storage in my D drive. Everything seems to save standard to the C drive. Is there either a way to change which drive the current files are stored...
  3. Low Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Storage: I'm having some storage issues. I have about 118GB of storage in my C drive, that is currently almost full, with about 931 GB of storage in my D drive. Everything seems to save standard to the C drive. Is there either a way to change which drive the current files are stored...
  4. Low Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Low Storage Space

Low Storage Space: Hi guys I have been hovering around 1GB worth of storage space left on my hard drive for quite some time that has stressed me out no end. I have done all sorts of clean up options, e.g. disc clean up, optimize the drive, temp folder, %temp% folder, prefetch, wsreset etc....
  6. low on storage

low on storage: I am low on storage, and I have no clue what to do and I want more space. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-storage/7ac62bce-7400-4f79-ad94-9a061a6cae21
  7. Windows 10 low storage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 low storage?: System and Reserved takes up 440 gigabytes of space currently, and I don't think it's supposed to. Disk cleaner is supposed to take out 20 gigs, but doesn't work. submitted by /u/Jaimedeservedbetter [link] [comments]...
  8. LOW STORAGE SPACE

LOW STORAGE SPACE: I AM USING LENOVA MIX 320 TABLET. IT IS PREINSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 10. IT HAS ONLY 32 GB MEMORY. NOW I HAVENT INSTALLED ANY APPLICATION BUT THE TABLET ALWAYS SHOWS LOW STORAGE SPACE FROM THE DATE OF MY PURCHASE. HOW COME A WINDOWS OS OCCUPIES ALL THE MEMORY GIVEN BY THE MAKER...
  9. Low Storage

Low Storage: I have a 32GB laptop with a 1 TB attached hard drive. My laptop is always low on memory and can't do updates. What files can I move to the 1 TB drive to free up storage space?...
  10. LOW STORAGE

LOW STORAGE: HOW TO INCREASE 'C' DRIVE SPACE? I HAVE ONLY 2GB FREE OF 30 GB SPACE. IT HANGS MANY TIMES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-storage/616d2f6b-7048-4e54-a79b-faa26efb1c03"