Windows 10: Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications

Discus and support Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, I wish to run two applications that run on different java versions in two different browsers on Windows 10. First application uses Java 1.6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fawaz25, Feb 2, 2020.

1. fawaz25 Win User

Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications

Dear All,

I wish to run two applications that run on different java versions in two different browsers on Windows 10.

First application uses Java 1.6 and runs on Safari browser whereas second application uses latest Java and runs on Internet explorer.

I do not want to use two different PCs for this job.

Is it possible to do this in Windows 10?

Please let me know..

Thank you.

:)

fawaz25, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Latest version of Java

Just to go a little deeper for ap1978: What is the difference between Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE? - Quora

Cliff S, Feb 2, 2020
  3. 2anubhav Win User
    Java application installation on 5800

Whenever I install any java application, after installation is successful, the application doesnt appear anywhere in my applications icons page. hence I am unable to launch it at all. This is happening with all java applications installed using .jar file. However,
    in the list if "installed applications" in the application manager tool - the application is listed and can be uninstalled

I hv tried multiple reinstallations, and hv the latest software for 5800Xpressmusic 52.0.007

Can anyone help?

2anubhav, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications

IE is not able to run JAVA

Hi Prince,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might also occur due to some third party program causing the issue.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.
    Also, check if the Java Add-on is enabled for Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key and the
      X key and click on Run.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • Click on the Programs tab and then select
      Manage add-ons.
    • Select the Java add-on and click on
      enable.
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11 '

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications

1. Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications - Similar Threads - Running multiple Java

2. Multiple versions of an app running at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of an app running at once: So I had to uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and reinstall it a few time due to loading issues. However, now it keeps saying that I have 6 versions of the Minecraft Launcher open in task manager. It says 'Minecraft Launcher 6. I have to be on the launcher for it to show up as...
  3. Multiple versions of an app running at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple versions of an app running at once: So I had to uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and reinstall it a few time due to loading issues. However, now it keeps saying that I have 6 versions of the Minecraft Launcher open in task manager. It says 'Minecraft Launcher 6. I have to be on the launcher for it to show up as...
  4. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  5. Multiple apps running in task manager

Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  6. Manage applications on multiple screens.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Manage applications on multiple screens.: Hi, I have two screens set to "Extended" on my PC. And I want to configure some applications to run by default on the primary monitor and others on the secondary monitor. Is this possible?...
  7. Setting the default application with two versions on the machine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting the default application with two versions on the machine?: I have both Sketchup 2019 and 2020 0n my machine. However, 2019 is the default application listed for the .skp files. Of course I get and error when it tries to open a file created in the newer 2020. I tried setting the default to 2020 through the file type properties but no...
  8. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  9. I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    I Need to Run two Version of Firefox: I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I can view my cameras in in this browser. This version I can install my plugin IPCWebComponents All firefox updates after...
  10. Two instances of Java installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two instances of Java installed: I seem to have two instances of Java installed on my Win10 Pro 64-bit Laptop .. see screenshot below. Can I safely uninstall one of them? If "yes" then which one? I have no clue how I ended up with 2 x Java installs on my laptop I'm assuming I should keep the 64-bit...