Windows 10: Running old dBase IV file in Windows

Discus and support Running old dBase IV file in Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dBase IV file that I created in 1991. I would like to hear suggestions on how best to load an use the file. I have a Windows 10 computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FritzLockhart, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Running old dBase IV file in Windows

I have a dBase IV file that I created in 1991. I would like to hear suggestions on how best to load an use the file. I have a Windows 10 computer and a Windows7 computer that also has a XP virtual machine.

:)

FritzLockhart, Dec 27, 2018
  2. farid Win User

Excel to DBase converter?

Hey guys, I wanna know if theres any Excel to DBase converter software, I need a Freeware cuz honestly I only need to convert 2 files, thx for the help *Big Grin Running old dBase IV file in Windows :D.

Farid.

farid, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Running old dBase IV file in Windows

Windows 10 and dBase III Plus

Soon I'll be upgrading from a machine running on Vista (stop laughing!!!) to W10. My favorite database is in dBase III Plus along with a customized interface. I can use neither dBase nor the interface on machines with V7 and higher. I'm wondering if there's
    a way to access at least the database in W10. I've been told, yes, but I'd have to use the 32 bit version. This will be a new machine, with 64 bit. Help?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JerryValet, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Running old dBase IV file in Windows

1. Running old dBase IV file in Windows - Similar Threads - Running old dBase

2. Windows Invasion: Update IV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Invasion: Update IV: 3rd Hard, Bluescreen crash today. First time. Microsoft throwing a Hissy-fit, I'm telling y'all about all this. See, it doesn't matter if I allow updates or not. They'll STILL do this. It just depends on what they're trying to do.Moronic to think this is just someone...
  3. Windows Invasion: Update IV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Invasion: Update IV: 3rd Hard, Bluescreen crash today. First time. Microsoft throwing a Hissy-fit, I'm telling y'all about all this. See, it doesn't matter if I allow updates or not. They'll STILL do this. It just depends on what they're trying to do.Moronic to think this is just someone...
  4. Windows Invasion: Update IV

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost AOE IV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost AOE IV app: I've been playing AOE IV on Win11 but it has disappeared. When clicking on icon, it takes me to the Store. When I click on AOE there, it stays in Store. I've rebooted but it looks gone....
  6. GTA IV fail to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV fail to launch: I having problems launching GTA iv on windows 10 after I have installed and date check passed. 170974
  7. GTA IV on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV on Windows 10: How can I play GTA IV on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-iv-on-windows-10/1e7f29c6-c467-468a-971b-af7c683e7bda
  8. File History-Not running auto cleanup of old versions.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History-Not running auto cleanup of old versions.: I use File History set to backup file versions daily and to keep for one month. The problem is file versions older than one month are not being cleaned up automatically. I have to manually clean up versions to remove the old ones. Does anyone know of a fix for this? 135477
  9. dBase ODBC driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dBase ODBC driver for Windows 10: Hello, I am setting up a new Win 10 laptop, and noticed it does not have the Microsoft dBase driver (*.dbf) under ODBC User Data Sources. I need it to open an older application. How can I get it? Download it from ? The application is a Lotus database program, which I...
  10. GTA IV NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10: HI i have orignal disk of gta 4 and it is working on my old hp laptop which having windows 7 now i have buy acer predator i5 8thgen and my gta 4 is not working so i reduse my display size from gta 4 properties so now it gets run but i cant use the game on high graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dbase iv for windows 10

2. dbase iv on windows 10

3. fix old odbc software running on win 10

4. DBASE IV CAUSES MACHINE TO REBOOT,
  5. how have dbase iv on windows computer