Windows 10: Running old win32 game on win10 x64

Discus and support Running old win32 game on win10 x64 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with running an old game on window 10. The game came out around 2000. I tried DOS box, but it said: "This program must be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pendragon77, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Running old win32 game on win10 x64

Hi,

I'm having a problem with running an old game on window 10.

The game came out around 2000.

I tried DOS box, but it said: "This program must be run under win32."

So i guess its not that old.

I tried compatible settings, but no luck. neither XP or Win 98 settings helps.

The installation is running smoothly, it installs the game, but the game itself is not starting.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Pendragon77, Apr 15, 2021

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Running old win32 game on win10 x64

Running old games on windows 10

Hi Robert,

Can u suggest me how to do that...Iam bored on googled it...please help me to run old apps like Hitman - Absolution game shows compactibility issues...Can you solve my issues

Mohamed Anas Mohiadeen, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Running old win32 game on win10 x64

1. Running old win32 game on win10 x64 - Similar Threads - Running old win32

2. Old games on Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on Win10?: Howdy. I have old games. Or: almost all of my games are for old computers, here are two examples of the minimum requirements: Win 3.x,Win95,98, Ram 8 MB,Graka from 256 colors Win 98,ME,XP,96 MB Ram,Pentium III is there a general trick to getting all these games to...
  3. An old game running problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old game running problem: Dear Sirs, I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up: [SYSTEM ] Out of memory at line -1 in file C:\2002\Src\Game\EngineDll\Debug\Src\DebugSystem.cpp in function safe_malloc Caught in function...
  4. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...
  5. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  6. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...
  7. Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU: This has to be the least important problem with the AU, but ... Shortly after installing Win10 I installed the old W7 solitaire package using the procedure in Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. It has been working fine for a a year or so....
  8. Run a VM win10 for gaming?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run a VM win10 for gaming?: Is there a way to run win10 for gaming in a VM? I almsot want to run win10 VM in win7 or 8.1 or a sparsely updated win10... 71906
  9. Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware: So from my last thread it seems that there isn't a main thread for this so here's one. If you've got some old hardware that will run Win10 and the will to do it, post about it here. Post screenshots to proove you've got it working. And no, Core 2 CPUs don't count as old,...
  10. Win10 x64 hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 hanging: Hi My Win10 x64 randomly hangs for about 5 min and then comes back. *Sad Anyone with the same behaviour? how can i know if it's HDD related? thanks Edit: found a Windows error report at + or - the same time of last hang and here it is, related files are not in given...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old game cant run win 10 x64