Windows 10: running older programs using DVD player in windows 10

Discus and support running older programs using DVD player in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I a Flight Simmer. I have FSX and I have a bunch of add on planes. The ones that are older than some wont run in the DVD player that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidPeoples, Jan 4, 2019.

1. running older programs using DVD player in windows 10

Hello. I a Flight Simmer. I have FSX and I have a bunch of add on planes. The ones that are older than some wont run in the DVD player that came with my Windows 10 computer. They all would work in windows 7 but no all in windows 10 is there a way I can run these add on programs because I hate to think I cant because I spent a lot of bucks for them. Thank you so much if you can help me.

David

:)

DavidPeoples, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

windows dvd player not working

Hi,

Your local programs on the computer shouldn't be affected by the issue that you were informed about unless changes on the system or updates affected them. To understand this better and resolve the problem, please answer some things:

• Did the problem start after installing updates on the computer?
    • Do you get any errors when using Windows DVD Player?

Let's see if the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter will be able to detect any issues with the program. Windows troubleshooters are designed to automatically fix the errors they find on your computer. Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Windows Media Player DVD and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you're able to resolve the problem after trying the suggestion.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Windows DVD Player

Hi Kathyswa,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where did you purchase Windows DVD Player?
    • Are you getting any error messages when installing Windows DVD Player? Kindly provide us the exact error message.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you install Windows DVD Player in clean boot. A
    clean boot
    will help eliminates software conflicts that occur when you install a program, update, or when you run a program in Windows 10. For instructions, you may refer to this
    link.

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to normal startup mode.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 4, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

running older programs using DVD player in windows 10

Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

running older programs using DVD player in windows 10

1. running older programs using DVD player in windows 10 - Similar Threads - running older programs

2. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  3. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  4. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. dvd player running but not displaying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player running but not displaying: I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and dvd player appears to be runining but not displaing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-running-but-not-displaying/f6cb0897-a6e3-4e5b-9938-fc4e755d1f46
  6. Using an external DVD player

Using an external DVD player: Can someone explain how to get this to show up when I connect it so I can watch dvds? Very simple terms please, I'm old and not techy! I have watched before, but can't figure it out today! Thanks!!...
  7. DVD Player missing program

DVD Player missing program: Hi, Since the January 2021 update my DVD player will not work. I get a message that says the program is missing. Windows Media Player is working fine. I can play CD's but not DVD's. Yes, I still watch DVD movies, I own over 100 of them and since we are on lockdown, I...
  8. Run Program on DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run Program on DVD in Windows 10: I have the DVD from the CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 textbook, but I cannot see any of the files, case studies, or simulation apps. Windows 10 will not even recognize the DVD at all. What do I need to do to see my DVD files?...
  9. Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.

Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.: Having lost the Movie Maker on Windows 7, I purchased it from Microsoft. Unfortunately it will only Burn disc to read only on the computer but not on a DVD Player. So I purchased Movavi video editor plus 2020. I still have the same problem. I got in touch with Movavi and...
  10. Windows DVD Player not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player not running: Hi, When trying to play a DVD I get the following error message: Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6 Any ideas? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something happened on our end. here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x87e10bc6