Windows 10: Running one monitor two machines

Discus and support Running one monitor two machines in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Running one monitor two machines

I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one mouse.

I have seen on EBay such a device but it looks to have the older type USB inputs for the KB and mouse that are square instead of the more familiar USB 2.0.

The aim is to have both machines running and be able to switch/toggle between the two machines to the monitor when the set up is in a work space that only allows for one keyboard and mouse to be used. .

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Running one monitor two machines

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Running one monitor two machines

1. Running one monitor two machines - Similar Threads - Running monitor machines

2. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  3. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  4. Having to re-pair bluetooth devices on two windows builds running on one machine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having to re-pair bluetooth devices on two windows builds running on one machine.: I have two windows builds on one machine- they are on separate hard drives. Same versions and more or less the same build with different program sets for work and play. What's strange is that when I go from one build to another, I need to go through the process of re-pairing...
  5. Is it possible to have two desktops, one on each of two monitors?

Is it possible to have two desktops, one on each of two monitors?: I saw another post on this (it's very old) and basically people were only telling them it was either not possible, or that it's ''just the extended desktop'' feature. What I mean is when you Win+Tab, you can add a fresh desktop. I would like Desktop 1 to be on one monitor,...
  6. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors: I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is a Dell Opti7050 64-bit machine and has 3 screens/monitors. On my client machine screen I can Alt+Tab between all remote...
  7. Two external monitors on one laptop

Two external monitors on one laptop: Hi all! I am using my laptop for work and have been using an external monitor with it as well. I would like to add an additional. I have two ports, a VGA and an HDMI but windows will only allow me to output to one. Is there any way for me to "output" one screen but have my...
  8. Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop: Is the following configuration possible: - one laptop - two external monitors each connected with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - desktop extended across all three displays (laptop screen, monitor 1, monitor 2) Thanks!...
  9. Running one monitor two machines

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Running one monitor two machines: I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one...
  10. Reg:Joining two pc's as one and run

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Reg:Joining two pc's as one and run: Hi TF, I have a laptop of win 10 16gb i7 and i have another laptop i7 16gb. My problem is i nèed a pc of 32gb to work with. As i cannot upgrade. I need to make the two above pc as one(virtually via software) and use. I need to use it for vmware esxi lab environment. I...