Windows 10: Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

Discus and support Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, my son and I built a computer for him to play video games. We installed a 1 TB EVO solid state drive. Now, three months later, his C: drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SGS1965, Dec 15, 2019.

1. SGS1965 Win User

Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

Recently, my son and I built a computer for him to play video games. We installed a 1 TB EVO solid state drive. Now, three months later, his C: drive shows used 930 GBs and he is requesting a 2nd drive.

When I asked what he had on there he said the majority of that 930 GBs was for Windows related products. I am amazed by that as I don't think that sounds right. Could that be accurate? What else could be taking up so much room? 1 TB seems like more than enough to play video games (mostly Minecraft) on a computer.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Scott

:)

SGS1965, Dec 15, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 15, 2019
  3. CC_689 Win User
    Windows Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup reports "you can use Disk Cleanup to free up to 4.00 TB of disk space on (CRunning Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk :)".

The bulk of this is listed as "Windows Update Cleanup 3.99 TB"

The trouble is that drive C is a 100 GB partition on a 250 GB SSD.

Settings, System, Storage shows:

C: 37.7 GB used out of 97.5 GB

D: 41.4 GB used out of 140 GB

The OS is Windows 10 Home, version 1607, fully updated to March 16, 2017.

There is not even 1 TB of disk space so how can Disk Cleanup free up to 4.00 TB?

Is it safe to run Disk Cleanup in this situation?

Thanks for any advice!

CC_689, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

1. Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk - Similar Threads - Running Disk Space

2. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  3. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  4. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files: Hi, I recently installed powershell 7.2.6 in my windows machine and also installed exchange online management 2.0.5. i am observing multiple temp files getting generated every time the powershell scripts are run. These are scripts carryout active directory/exchange related...
  5. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files: Hi, I recently installed powershell 7.2.6 in my windows machine and also installed exchange online management 2.0.5. i am observing multiple temp files getting generated every time the powershell scripts are run. These are scripts carryout active directory/exchange related...
  6. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. "you are running out of disk space in local disk E"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "you are running out of disk space in local disk E": Can Microsoft please send an update to fix the "you are running out of disk space on local disk E" problem on Windows 10? I see many users have the same problem....
  8. running out of disk space on drive E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running out of disk space on drive E: i keep getting the following annoying message: Running out of disk space on E drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-out-of-disk-space-on-drive-e/d7214062-d1ab-477d-bd05-e3a24316e986"
  9. Running out of space on local disk D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running out of space on local disk D: Keep getting a message I'm running out of space on local disk D. What to do? Cannot find D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/running-out-of-space-on-local-disk-d/247678f8-126f-4ded-a06a-8f565319d9f5
  10. Running out of space on Local Disk (F)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of space on Local Disk (F): So for a good week or so now, I've been getting alters every time I turn on my laptop and the suggestions of deleting stuff does nothing cuz there's nothing to delete. I clicked to remove back ups stored in the system, deleted all cache, deleted loads of programs/games etc,...