Windows 10: Running out of Storage Space

Discus and support Running out of Storage Space in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brummpa, Nov 21, 2022.

1. brummpa Win User

Running out of Storage Space

In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS C: 223 GB and a DATA D: 1.81 TB. Here is my problem. I am certainly not what you call “computer literate”. I assumed when I clicked Save As, the document, or whatever, would, by default, be saved to my large TB drive. I find now this is not the case. Apparently everythi

:)

brummpa, Nov 21, 2022

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Railtech Win User
    Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive

Did you check Windows View update history list to see if KB4568831 has already been installed? I would think it has and that is why you got the message you did.

If you have not run the Storage Spaces troubleshooter there are instructions in the other link on do it manually. What is accomplished in either case is that your storage spaces will be set to read only which will allow you to have access to the data on your storage space drive.

The latter manual steps return the Storage Spaces drive to read/write and run optimization, defrag, and integrity routines. If your install is up to date then you should find the cumulative update KB4568831 installed in history. If you have upgraded to 20H2 then the patch discussed elsewhere to address the issue with Storage Spaces showing as RAW is rolled into the upgrade. In either case the manual optimization, defrag, and integrity routines can be run.

Railtech, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Running out of Storage Space

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

Running out of Storage Space

1. Running out of Storage Space - Similar Threads - Running Storage Space

2. Out of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of storage space: I have a HP Windows 11 laptop which has a 500 gb SSD drive in. It is reporting of of storage space and when I opened File Explorer it shows 316gb in the Windows folder, balance probably being crapware installed by HP, apps I have installed and personal files.With 0 space...
  3. Out of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of storage space: I have a HP Windows 11 laptop which has a 500 gb SSD drive in. It is reporting of of storage space and when I opened File Explorer it shows 316gb in the Windows folder, balance probably being crapware installed by HP, apps I have installed and personal files.With 0 space...
  4. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  5. Running out of Storage Space

Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  6. My computer is running out of storage space .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running out of storage space .: I have a Lenovo laptop ,and the storage left is 382mb ,don't know what to do next ,help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-out-of-storage-space/316a1e41-3712-4a04-b5e8-bf1b83c25c2b
  7. My computer is running out of storage space .

My computer is running out of storage space .: I have a Lenovo laptop ,and the storage left is 382mb ,don't know what to do next ,help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-out-of-storage-space/316a1e41-3712-4a04-b5e8-bf1b83c25c2b
  8. My computer is running out of storage space .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Running out of storage space error

Running out of storage space error: Hi, can anyone help? I get a message that I am running out of storage space on my c drive, even though I have 39GB free. When I click on properties, the disk is somehow filled up. When I reboot, it seems to be clearing the error. This seems to be happening more and more...
  10. Running out of space and adding external storage

Running out of space and adding external storage: I was given this laptop by my sister and it has 57.1 GB left of 58.2 GB. I looked into where this 57.1 was being used up and it said 37 GB in apps. I sorted my apps by size and added all the apps until less then 1 MB and found they added to 0.68 GB, so why is there an extra...