Windows 10: running program through network

Discus and support running program through network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In xp it was easy to run a program on another computer on the one your running now. Though normally it was to run setup programs and transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomaseg1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

running program through network

In xp it was easy to run a program on another computer on the one your running now.
    Though normally it was to run setup programs and transfer preffrences.
    Just set the folder or program up as shared and access it from the other computer
    Is this still true of Win 10?
    example: I have adobe acrobat pro on my main machine and I want to run the program on my laptop.

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 10, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 10, 2019
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. running program through network - Similar Threads - running program through

2. Running Program in Windows When Not Connected to Specific Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Program in Windows When Not Connected to Specific Network: I have a Windows 10 PC and a VPN client which does not have a trusted networks feature. I would like to automatically run the client when not connected to my office corporate network or guest WiFi network, and stop the client whenI have read that you can trigger programs in...
  3. Why can't we run programs through cmd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we run programs through cmd?: When we type in run for example "firefox" or "vlc" it works.And in CMD or PowerShell it doesn't happen the same.Since the directory that firefox and vlc are in is not in Path in the Environment variables....
  4. File sharing through network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing through network: For years I have been able to access my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. Now it only partially happens. I know that there have been Windows updates/changes, etc., but I can't see how that affects my situation. So far as I know I have taken all steps to share files....
  5. Uninstall program through CMD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstall program through CMD?: I have a program that is acting like a virus, can’t uninstall through apps or through the programs in control panel. Has no .msi file. How do I do it? submitted by /u/AstartesFanboy [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't allow program to run through windows security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't allow program to run through windows security: So I'm on windows 10 pro and I can't figure out how to allow a program to run that is being blocked by windows security, I looked it up and it says to go to virus and threat protection but when I go there it doesn't look like it should, there's nothing there saying allow...
  7. program not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  8. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  9. Program that runs a program in a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...
  10. programs not running...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs not running...: Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no...