Windows 10: running programs in Windows 10

Discus and support running programs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chuck920, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Chuck920 Win User

running programs in Windows 10

This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed?

:)

Chuck920, Apr 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  4. running programs in Windows 10

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

running programs in Windows 10

1. running programs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - running programs

2. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit: I have Window 10, 64-bit, but when I download some programs, such as the Chrome browser, they are 32-bit, and there are other programs that are 64-bit properly....
  3. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit: I have Window 10, 64-bit, but when I download some programs, such as the Chrome browser, they are 32-bit, and there are other programs that are 64-bit properly....
  4. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trying to run an old program on windows 11 and getting the same error for both MSVCR100.dll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to run an old program on windows 11 and getting the same error for both MSVCR100.dll...: Error is "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have unistalled and reinstalled Visual C++ redistributables from 2005, 2012, and 2015-2022 both x86 and x64....
  6. Trying to run an old program on windows 11 and getting the same error for both MSVCR100.dll...

Trying to run an old program on windows 11 and getting the same error for both MSVCR100.dll...: Error is "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have unistalled and reinstalled Visual C++ redistributables from 2005, 2012, and 2015-2022 both x86 and x64....
  7. BSOD with multiple codes, unable to run programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with multiple codes, unable to run programs: Current specs:Intel i9-14900KGigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Ice MotherboardMSI Ventus Geforce RTX 4080 Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64 GB 6000MHzI recently built a new gaming PC, and when using a program for game mods Vortex, I would consistently get a clock_watchdog_timeout error...
  8. BSOD with multiple codes, unable to run programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with multiple codes, unable to run programs: Current specs:Intel i9-14900KGigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Ice MotherboardMSI Ventus Geforce RTX 4080 Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64 GB 6000MHzI recently built a new gaming PC, and when using a program for game mods Vortex, I would consistently get a clock_watchdog_timeout error...
  9. BSOD with multiple codes, unable to run programs

10. VB6 SP6 IDE and legacy programs run fine on windows Xp-7-10 & 11. On W11 it will only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VB6 SP6 IDE and legacy programs run fine on windows Xp-7-10 & 11. On W11 it will only...: I used the debug feature to see that all printer commands are sent to my error section but only when using a physical printer. All the PDF printers work fine. This is all of my programs new and old. They work fine on Windows XP, 7 and 10 but not on 11. I assume it is an OCX...