Windows 10: Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop

Discus and support Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 Home OS loaded on HDD and windows 10 Home OS loaded on SSD. Both show activated with the digital license linked with Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Siddhesh_S, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop

I have a windows 10 Home OS loaded on HDD and windows 10 Home OS loaded on SSD.

Both show activated with the digital license linked with Microsoft account.

They are loaded in the same laptop in different disks.

Is the windows activation key linked to the hardware or to the Microsoft account.

Will I be able to use both the OS with activated windows. Does it will be linked to both OS.

I have heard that 1 license key is linked to 1 computer. If that is true then it should show activated in one windows only.

Please help if i can use windows on both hdd and ssd or one of it will get invalid in a short amount of time.

EDIT : I have OEM windows license. I had preloaded windows 10 on hdd and i i recently purchased & installed windows 10 on the ssd

:)

Siddhesh_S, Dec 8, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop [​IMG]

MCardona81, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop

1. Running same windows 10 with activation License linked to Microsoft account on same laptop - Similar Threads - Running same activation

2. Two PCs running the same License somehow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PCs running the same License somehow.: Hello,I recently built a second PC and I bought a physical Windows 11 License. During the installation process by Installation media, I was required to provide the license key but the physical key did not ship yet, so I continued without a key and finished the installation.To...
  3. Windows Activation: Multidevices and same Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation: Multidevices and same Account?: Hello Everyone :I kinda don't know what I'm looking for because I have many small Questions in Mind about activating Windows and getting Product Key.. etc..May someone Help me to clear my Head from the Start..I have 1 Desktop Machine and 1 Laptop and I would like to have my...
  4. Two same Microsoft account in Window 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two same Microsoft account in Window 10: At first, my Microsoft account profile picture is just default blank so I tried login in with a local account then sign back-in with a Microsoft account. then Still wasn't working then I used to create your picture and browsed one. then I realised there's another user profile...
  5. Link 2 windows 10 licenses to the same microsoft account

Link 2 windows 10 licenses to the same microsoft account: Hi ! So for context, I have a laptop and desktop PC. My desktop's license is linked to my microsoft account, but not my laptop's. I need to buy a new laptop, and would like to transfer the windows license not OEM, I bought it from the old laptop to the new. Is it...
  6. How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account

How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account: So basically i have a device that is activated with digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I disabled that license on that device by using: slmkgr /upk and slmgr /cpky Now i signed in with that microsfot account on my laptop, but nothing happens. I see it...
  7. How to use multiple Windows 10 licenses linked to the same Microsoft account

How to use multiple Windows 10 licenses linked to the same Microsoft account: I have my main PC, which uses Windows 10 Pro, and I want to install Windows 10 Home on a laptop that is using another OS. I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home on my main PC that is, I've bought a Windows 10 Pro license from a third-party reseller and activated it on...
  8. Multiple windows on same PC with same license?

Multiple windows on same PC with same license?: I need to use the same license on the same pc, as I need to have multiple versions on windows running on the same computer. Say one installed normally then multiple virtual machines running on the same pc. Do I have to purchase multiple licenses or is it possible I use...
  9. Is it possible to link multiple FPP license on same Microsoft Account?

Is it possible to link multiple FPP license on same Microsoft Account?: Just wonder since I prepare to buy a new PC. Is it possible to linked 2 or more FPP license like 2 Windows 10 Home on same Microsoft Account, if I can then is there any way to manage it like Office365 subscription?...
  10. Multiple Win10 licenses for same Microsoft Account

Multiple Win10 licenses for same Microsoft Account: Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to buy 2 or more licenses of Win10 with the same Microsoft Account. Basically, 2 different computers, with 2 different Win10, but same Microsoft Account to login in. Thanks in advance, Stefano...