Windows 10: running second screen

Discus and support running second screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; with my tv hooked up to my laptop, I want to have 2 screens running with separate programs/apps ***Moved From: Gaming on Windows 10***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toddstoughton, Jan 13, 2019.

1. running second screen

with my tv hooked up to my laptop, I want to have 2 screens running with separate programs/apps

***Moved From: Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

toddstoughton, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 13, 2019
  4. running second screen

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

running second screen

1. running second screen - Similar Threads - running second screen

2. Second deskop on Second Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second deskop on Second Screen: Hey, I just got into the world of secondary Monitors, and I have a question I could not answer myself. Cann I use the multiple desktops funktionalty of Windos 11 efektly withs two screens. What I want is this: When I plug my laptop into my monitor, I want to have the...
  3. Second deskop on Second Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second deskop on Second Screen: Hey, I just got into the world of secondary Monitors, and I have a question I could not answer myself. Cann I use the multiple desktops funktionalty of Windos 11 efektly withs two screens. What I want is this: When I plug my laptop into my monitor, I want to have the...
  4. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.: Hi, I've been using my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming computer with a Samsung 24" monitor for five months. Two days ago, I started experiencing disconnections on my 2nd screen after logging in a second time. While the application is running on the second screen, there are...
  5. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.: Hi, I've been using my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming computer with a Samsung 24" monitor for five months. Two days ago, I started experiencing disconnections on my 2nd screen after logging in a second time. While the application is running on the second screen, there are...
  6. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. screen freeze for a second when software run as administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen freeze for a second when software run as administrator.: hi guys,i reinstalled windows using usb bootable.when i was in desktop no drivers were installed .so i was installing drivers from acer website.i downloaded all drivers except nvidia,which i downloaded directly from nvidia website.before installing nvidia there is no screen...
  8. running second screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running second screen: with my tv hooked up to my laptop, I want to have 2 screens running with separate programs/apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-second-screen/016f82b3-f2ad-4314-8831-7611811986c0
  9. install from W7, runs for seconds then black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install from W7, runs for seconds then black screen with cursor: I lose explorer.exe shortly after logon. If I click on Firefox or other app, it comes up and stays up, but rest of the screen goes black. No issues at all with previous W7 install. HP Pavilion, not sure of all hardware particulars. Took HD to another computer, does the exact...
  10. Black Screen seconds after startup, computer still running

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen seconds after startup, computer still running: I've been running my computer for years without problems. I recently bought a new graphics card and about a month after that the screen displays 'No Signal' About a second after displaying the HP logo. It still happens when trying to access the BIOS menu. As a solution to...