Windows 10: Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory?

Discus and support Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! I've searched how to add programs to autostart, and the most pages says that I should go to shell:startup, but when it does that, it opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nemesis77, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Nemesis77 Win User

Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory?

Hi all!

I've searched how to add programs to autostart, and the most pages says that I should go to shell:startup, but when it does that, it opens the directory mypc/music/startup

That can't possible be the right?

Now manually opened C:\Users\Nemesis\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup which seems to be correct.
    Does your computers open the right directory?
    Any thoughts about this?
    Is there any other way to autostart programs in windows 10?

I'm currently running Windows 10 v1909 18363.535

:)

Nemesis77, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

Welcome to TenForums @rpjd

Yes, it should be, and it is for me. That's the personal 'per user' startup folder. No idea how /Word/ got inserted, it's probably just this one user profile that's corrupted. Try as a test creating a new user and see if that has the correct shell:startup behaviour.

nearly, the full name is shell:Common Startup
    *Arrow Shell Commands List for Windows 10

That's the 'All users' startup folder. Does that also get a superfluous /Word/ inserted?

3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory?

Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory?

1. Running shell:startup opens the wrong directory? - Similar Threads - Running shell startup

2. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  3. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  4. open shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power Shell Open Database and Run Macro Error

Power Shell Open Database and Run Macro Error: I have this Powershell script which will open the Access database but will not run the Macro 'Run_Mktbl_PlanID_NetRS': any assistance is appreciated....Thanks...$MsAccess = New-Object -ComObject Access.Application$MsAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase'E:\Source\DATABASE FRONT END...
  6. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  7. HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell

HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell: 20H2x64 I'd appreciate if someone can explain the differences between these 2 reg locations -- HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell specifically as regards customizing the context menu -- and WHERE the context menu is invoked -- clicking on the...
  8. command shell at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command shell at startup: hey guys, when I boot my pc dekstop doesn't appears after the Windows 10 logo, instead I get a command shell windows which I use to type "explorer.exe" to start the graphic interface How can I resolve? I already tried to put Explorer.exe in the auto start up programs but it...
  9. How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup: I don't use this program but after the last Windows update I now have two computers in my office that on startup or reboot the Power Shell opens a windows and sometimes two windows. Eventually I am allowed to close the window and sometimes it closes on it own. Very annoying...
  10. Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?: I want a program to start automatically at startup. I pressed Windows+R, typed shell:startup and Enter. The Startup folder opened. I created a shortcut on the desktop and copied/paste it into the startup folder. I restarted, but the program did not start automatically as...