Windows 10: Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead

Discus and support Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; And now here's another screw-up. I'm in here trying to fix Windows Defender and I tell it to run offline. Restart the computer and let it run. Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HoneycombWX, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead

And now here's another screw-up. I'm in here trying to fix Windows Defender and I tell it to run offline. Restart the computer and let it run. Only problem is, how do you get it to stop running? Every other time Windows is forced into a situation where Startup Repair is called, Windows Defender Offline is called up instead. Canceling the scan restarts the computer, and if the problem that caused the uneventful restart to occur in the first place sends the machine back to Startup Repair, it's the same thing over again.

:)

HoneycombWX, Mar 26, 2017
  2. Kodakkid Win User

Windows 10 Defender

Every time I start my laptop Defender Offline runs, when it finishes laptop reboots and Defender Offline comes back and runs again. How can I get this to stop? At times when it finishes and reboots I'll get "critical service failed", Trying to Repair,
    reboots, then back to Defender Offline running.

Kodakkid, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Soundmixer.exe error on startup

Since Windows Defender could not detect it. We recommend that you run
    Windows Defender Offline
    instead. Windows Defender Offline is a powerful offline scanning tool that can detect malicious programs that are hiding on your PC, without starting your operating system. To learn how to run it, kindly refer
    to the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline
    . Remember to read the instructions thoroughly.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Mar 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead

Have you tried to do a System Restore prior to this happening? Have you tried to run sfc /scannow in Safe mode or done the repair in Repair mode. How long have you had this computer and did you do a clean install of Windows 10 or a upgrade install?

bro67, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead

1. Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead - Similar Threads - Running Startup Repair

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  3. Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.

Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.: I am attempting to run an offline scan and the scan does not complete. When I select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan my computer restarts, and I get a screen that looks like this:After about a minute or so and with not changes in the screen, my computer just boots up as...
  4. Can't run Windows Defender Offline

Can't run Windows Defender Offline: When I attempt to run Windows Defender offline, first I get the following window: "Save your work - Windows defender offline scan will take some time ----etc." I select SCAN and get the following window: "Do you want to let the app to make changes --- etc." I can wait at...
  5. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  6. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  7. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  8. Windows Defender Offline won't run

Windows Defender Offline won't run: Hi I have a PC that I suspect may have picked up some Malware. When I select to run Defender Offline the PC reboots, the progress bar for Windows Defender Online appears for a few seconds and then the PC proceeds to reboot to Windows 10. I believe therefore that the...
  9. Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Windows Defender offline scan won't run: I try to run WDO from the GUI, I get the UAC message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device", and when I click Yes, it goes back to the Windows Defender GUI without running the scan. 142622
  10. Run Startup Repair in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run Startup Repair in Windows 10: How to: Run Startup Repair in Windows 10 How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 10 [img] Information Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem...