Windows 10: Running System File Checker

Discus and support Running System File Checker in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hake, Apr 29, 2020.

1. hake Win User

Running System File Checker

I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive?

:)

2. System got shutdown while running System File Checker

Hello Emily,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing in Windows to run the system file checker?
    • Did you get any error message while shutting down?
    • For which application were you getting as "elements not found"?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Running System File Checker

System File Checker

To make a long story short, when I contacted Microsoft a few days ago about a problem I’ve been having, one of the possible solutions they gave me was to use the System File Checker tool. When I asked Microsoft’s Virtual Agent about it, she came
    back with “…To run it:

• Select Start Windows logo Start button, and in the search box, enter
      Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").”

After the steps, she provided a link to learn more about the tool (System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot).
    However, that did not help me much.

Regarding steps 2 and 3, do I have to press “enter” after “…Restorehealth,” or do I type “…Restorehealth sfc /scannow” AND THEN press “enter?”

MasterYoda1041, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Running System File Checker

1. Running System File Checker - Similar Threads - Running System File

2. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running System File Checker Tool.: When I type sfc/scannow into command prompt and hit enter, all I get is:sfc/scannow : The term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path...
  3. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running System File Checker Tool.: When I type sfc/scannow into command prompt and hit enter, all I get is:sfc/scannow : The term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path...
  4. Running System File Checker Tool.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. S mode - can not run the System File Checker

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode - can not run the System File Checker: I'm trying to do a system checker but I get an error message saying the my computer has mode s and won't allow the app. what can I do get this system checker to run ?its for a job.*original title: mode S...
  6. System file checker

System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  7. System File Checker Log

System File Checker Log: I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not...
  8. Don't know how to Run System File checker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Don't know how to Run System File checker: I'm trying to get a video game to work on my computer and nothing seems to work. After being in contact with the games publisher support for 3 days now, they suggested to run system file checker, I don't know how to do that. I can't make sense of the Microsoft's step by step...
  9. Question about running system file checker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about running system file checker: For Windows 8 and later, Microsoft recommends restoring image health before running system file checker. The elevated command prompt syntax for restoring image health is: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and the system file checker syntax is: sfc /scannow My...
  10. system file checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...