Windows 10: running system / windows cleanup

Discus and support running system / windows cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how long does that take and how can i "see" my computers progress?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LanceBromley, May 12, 2019.

1. running system / windows cleanup

how long does that take and how can i "see" my computers progress?

:)

LanceBromley, May 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, May 12, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disc cleanup

Hi Edward,

You should run Disk Cleanup Twice as explained below to safely remove anything that can be removed and check everything in the list, it is quite safe to do that, disk Cleanup will not suggest anything that is not safe to remove . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, May 12, 2019
  4. running system / windows cleanup

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 12, 2019
Thema:

running system / windows cleanup

1. running system / windows cleanup - Similar Threads - running system cleanup

2. Run Disk Cleanup as Admin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Disk Cleanup as Admin: There hasn't been an update on using Disk Cleanup in a few years here, though there was a good discussion on this utility a while back when we first heard it might disappear from Windows 10 (Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10). One thing many home users may not have...
  3. Disk Cleanup can't remove Windows Updaet cleanup. Everytime I run it, it will stay there

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup can't remove Windows Updaet cleanup. Everytime I run it, it will stay there: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohhboi427 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ianfqr/disk_cleanup_cant_remove_windows_updaet_cleanup/
  4. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  5. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  6. Disk Cleanup will not run when i select it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup will not run when i select it.: 1) Disk Cleanup will not run when I select it. 2) When I am able to get it to run by killing the process in task manager I don't see it restart in task manager., when I select to check administrative files it gets stuck on "Mixed Reality". 3) When I run a windows defender...
  7. Disk Cleanup running unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup running unexpectedly.: I am currently having an issue where Disk Cleanup is running unexpectedly. Below I'll run down how I've discovered this issue but the primary question I have is, what triggers this process to run? Despite the PC having 870GB of free space the task is running and clearing out...
  8. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update: Hi All Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install, Including a system image of the system after the clean install, Thinking may do one more clean up prior to Anniversary update then just update to it, and all is good Avast is used for Antivirus protection right now,...
  9. system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup

system compression windows 10 not showing in disk cleanup: I have W10TP b10240 and I've been reading about this option for "System compression" in Disk Cleanup. I wanted to take it for a whirl, but I don't seem to have the option . how to add in the disk cleanup option*Sad [img] 25069
  10. System Cleanup & Component Based Servicing

System Cleanup & Component Based Servicing: Just a couple of observations and input is welcome *Smile 1. System Cleanup - Is this normal ? There are 3 folders located under C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp (InFlight,PendingDeletes,PendingRenames) . After a CU there are folders/files that can/do get put in these 3 folders....