Windows 10: Running Task Manager fixes random freze

Discus and support Running Task Manager fixes random freze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have two screen setup. Randomly, probably 3 or 4 times a week, the applications on one scree seem to freeze. Eg if it mail, I cant click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by clarkesam, Jul 10, 2018.

1. clarkesam Win User

Running Task Manager fixes random freze

Hi,

I have two screen setup.

Randomly, probably 3 or 4 times a week, the applications on one scree seem to freeze.

Eg if it mail, I cant click on anything.

However, I have found if i do ctrl alt del and run Task Manager, it unlocks everything!

So, I have a workaround, but would like a permanent fix.

Any Ideas?

Cheers Sam

:)

clarkesam, Jul 10, 2018
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Jul 10, 2018
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Running Task Manager fixes random freze

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Running Task Manager fixes random freze

1. Running Task Manager fixes random freze - Similar Threads - Running Task Manager

2. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  3. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  4. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple apps running in task manager

Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  6. Task manager refuses to run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager refuses to run: All my stuff is updated I restarted twice and still nothing submitted by /u/Thic_water [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgki36/task_manager_refuses_to_run/
  7. Running Processes in task manager

Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  8. fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fodhelper.exe running in "details" pane of task manager randomly?: to my knowledge this is the "manage optional features" dialog yet I see it running by itself sometimes. does anyone else have this running in the "details" pane of task manager despite not having opened that dialog box? submitted by /u/hi2323 [link] [comments]...
  9. Random freze computer during games no error

Random freze computer during games no error: Hey! During sesions of gaming my computer freezes randomly. No error is shown but the only solusion to this problem for me of to hard reset the computer. Please help. My Windows version is 1909 OS Built 18363.720 152610
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916