Windows 10: Running the troubleshooting tool

Discus and support Running the troubleshooting tool in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a new HP Desktop computer that I got on. August 14 2015 pre-loaded with Windows 10 home 64 bit. I have not received any update from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BDman, Sep 26, 2015.

1. BDman Win User

Running the troubleshooting tool

Hi
    I have a new HP Desktop computer that I got on. August 14 2015 pre-loaded with Windows 10 home 64 bit. I have not received any update from the Microsoft windows updates. so I run the troubleshooting tool for Windows updates. I keeps finding and fixing this over and over. can anyone please tell me what to do? Thank you
    Running the  troubleshooting tool [​IMG]

:)

BDman, Sep 26, 2015

2. MESSAGE APPEARS AFTER RUNNING 'TROUBLESHOOTING' THE FIX PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE - QUESTION

Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completely and check if it helps:

Reset Windows updates

Make sure to run the script as an administrator.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 26, 2015
  3. ask why Win User
    MESSAGE APPEARS AFTER RUNNING 'TROUBLESHOOTING' THE FIX PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE - QUESTION

BELOW IS A SNAPSHOT OF THE ANSWER I RECEIVED EVERY TIME I RUN THIS, SAYS ITS 'FIXED' BUT AM NOT SURE WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT, CANNOT FIND ANY ANSWERS ANYWHERE. DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH THE REGISTRY AT ALL TO FIND OUT IF THAT IS THE ANSWER. IT DOES SAY 'FIXED'.
    WHAT IS THE 'SERVICE REGISTRATION'?

ask why, Sep 26, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

What exactly shows when try to run windows update manually from Settings, by clicking Check for updates ?
    Were you getting any error codes ?

Try this first and do it a few times both commands and reboot after each.

At Admin Command Prompt copy and paste this, press enter, let it finish
    sfc/ scannow

Again at same open command prompt, copy and paste this, press enter and let finish

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

This may help, but was for Windows 8.1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-issues/en-us

jds63, Sep 26, 2015
  5. BDman Win User
    Hi Jds63

When I do it manually i get this

BDman, Sep 26, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    O.k., well your not getting any errors, i see the problem update eventually went in like for many ,i recall you on another post. Yes do not see ones from after bought the PC which i know there was a few,not sure as when you bought it in Aug 14 and if you started using it right away, if they were updated when you set it up then for rest of updates.

Try the commands i listed, they won't hurt. As i know was few updates in Aug. and Sept. that's about it, has not been many since OS began.

jds63, Sep 26, 2015
  7. BDman Win User
    Hi Jds63 i did the tips you gave me did not come up with any problems. I just hope the Microsoft windows update feature is not jammed up or I have a problem with it. Thank you for your help

BDman, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

You show updates applied on 9/22 so I think you are okay.

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2015
  9. BDman Win User
    Hi Ztuker thank you I hope so 2 of the updates failed and 1 was successful

BDman, Sep 27, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome...
    We know about 2 that failed, was issue with those for many windows 10 users (IE and Edge Flash update). If finally went in and like many other you should be o.k., as that was only one. Let us know on future updates how they go, can always leave post open and check other posts on that day to see if anybody else is having next update issue other then you. Plus would get errors on checking for updates if an issue or see on any newer ones to come.

I think yours either had some of updates when bought in Aug. 2015, downloaded when first setup by you, compared to others who upgraded in end of July

jds63, Sep 27, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    BDman did you receive a windows update today ? Checking because there was one today 9/30/15 (KB3093266) and your concerns over an issue with windows update.

jds63, Sep 30, 2015
  12. BDman Win User
    Hi Jds63. Yes received one Windows update on 9/30/2015 and it was successfully installed. Thank you

BDman, Sep 30, 2015
  13. Running the troubleshooting tool

If you successfully downloaded and installed 9/30 KB3093266 update then you don't have a problem as this update includes all previous windows 10 updates.

lopedoggie, Sep 30, 2015
  14. BDman Win User
    Hi Lopedoggie This is what I have
    . Thank you

BDman, Sep 30, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome, this shows you everything is fine, i think your concern was from that other windows update that many had issues installing for the flash player update for Edge and IE. Your Welcome

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Running the troubleshooting tool - Similar Threads - Running troubleshooting tool

2. Windows Troubleshooting Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Troubleshooting Tool: I need to use the Windows Troubleshooting tool to check for program compatibility of SQL Server 2017 Error and Usage Reporting program to:· Perform a test run of the program using recommended compatibility settings.· Generate a Troubleshooting Report of the above test· View...
  3. Windows Troubleshooting Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Troubleshooting Tool: I need to use the Windows Troubleshooting tool to check for program compatibility of SQL Server 2017 Error and Usage Reporting program to:· Perform a test run of the program using recommended compatibility settings.· Generate a Troubleshooting Report of the above test· View...
  4. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  5. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  6. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Reactivation Troubleshoot Tool not working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reactivation Troubleshoot Tool not working.: I recently changed my motherboard for the first time, and I assured I did all the steps to Keep the activation key, such as linking my account, and taking a screenshot of the product version, etc... After I selected the I recently changed my hardware option in the...
  8. is there a tool for troubleshooting windows update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a tool for troubleshooting windows update?: hello ! i am using windows 10 home 64-bit and have problems with installing windows updates, is there a free troubleshooting tool? gibt es ein Tool zur Fehlrbehebung von windows update?
  9. CMtrace troubleshooting tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMtrace troubleshooting tool: I am looking for CMtrace tool because SCCM is giving me some error after the installation. I downloaded the Configuration Manager Tools from your website but the below tools are not including. please provide me with the download link for the below troubleshooting tools...
  10. Unable to run Troubleshooters !!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to run Troubleshooters !!: When trying to run any troubleshooters the following error is generated: Help ? *Smile Error 0x80096005 Wally [img] 20899