Windows 10: Running two Windows 10

Discus and support Running two Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to 64bit on one drive and 32bit on another? I tried and it ran fine for a day or two, then my drives became corrupt. 23561 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by man00, Sep 21, 2015.

1. man00 Win User

Running two Windows 10

Is it possible to 64bit on one drive and 32bit on another? I tried and it ran fine for a day or two, then my drives became
    corrupt.

:)

man00, Sep 21, 2015

2. Running two displays

Hello Fred,

In regard to your query, you may use the multiple screen feature of Windows 10.

• Press the Windows key + P.
    • The Project selection will pull up on the right-side of your screen.
      Running two Windows 10 [​IMG]
    • You have four choices: PC screen only, Duplicate,
      Extend, and Second screen only.
      • PC Screen only - The second screen is ignored and only the primary monitor is used.
      • Duplicate - The second monitor mirrors the primary monitor.
      • Extend - The desktop of your PC is extended across two monitors and allows you to have a desktop that spans across both monitors.
      • Second Screen only - The primary monitor will be disabled and only the secondary monitor will be used.
    • Click the option you like to use. We suggest selecting Extend for your query.
    Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Running two displays

Original title: display

running two displays, i want to display the start menu on 1 and the desktop on 2 is there any way to do this?

thanks for the help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

FredRoscoe, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Running two Windows 10

I know if your pc is 64bit that it will run a 32bit OS. So seems like its possible. But sounds like you had some trouble so maybe not so much.*really

Charlie, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Sep 22, 2015
  6. man00 Win User
    Why not legal?

man00, Sep 22, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    @man00

If they were upgrades from two different legit OSs I don't see why not. If from one OS, no.

Tony K, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Running two Windows 10

Nothing illegal about it. Gabe Aul stated months ago that dual booting Windows 10 on the same license is OK. This is a change from previous versions of Windows and is due to the change to Device Activation with Windows 10. The architecture is irrelevant to this (32 bit vs. 64 bit). What would be illegal would be to install the two architectures on two different computers on the same license, but on the same computer is OK. With device activation I don't think it can be prevented anyway, especially with retail licenses.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 22, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    With corrupt you mean you cannot access both drives when booting or in another stage?
    What message do you get?

10. man00 Win User
    Yes, if booting from the 64bit, it would not anything that the 32bit was on..same if booting from 32bit, it wouldn't see anything on the 64bit drive

man00, Sep 22, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    How are the 2 hard drives formatted?

12. Tony K Win User
    You can't see the other system from either system? Is that what you mean by "corrupt"? Do either systems boot?

Tony K, Sep 22, 2015
  13. Tony K Win User

Running two Windows 10

Thanks for that info. Would you happen to have reference to that by any chance?

Correct. It wouldn't activate, for it records the MAC address (I think) on the server.

Tony K, Sep 22, 2015
  14. I searched on that but Gabe's tweets for the pre-release period seem to be archived. The only ones I could find were quotes in other people's comments, none of which were on that subject. I assure you that he did say that. In the same tweet he also pointed out that vms require their own licenses. The only issue is whether or not you are using a retail key or trying to do a keyless install. There is not problem with a retail key because you just enter it when asked. The problem with a keyless install is that the product key page may not let you proceed. It is supposed to but mine didn't and I had to enter the dummy key and then use phone activation (type "slui 4" in a command prompt). I reported the bug. Keyless installs have been permitted since XP SP3.

The automated agent could not verify the installation and forwarded me to a live agent who escalated me to level two. That agent remoted in and activated me using a retail key.

Neither of the two different agents that I talked with ever questioned my right to run two instances of Windows 10 on the same license. They just addressed the technical problem. Apparently there are still activation bugs, because I wound up with the retail key in the second installation.

Both of my installations were 64bit, but it would have to work the same with 32bit and 64bit because the license is agnostic to bitness.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 22, 2015
  15. Rocky Win User
    You are going to have to come up with the quote for that because that is one subject that is always discussed in the forums and yet this is the very first time that anybody has ever expressed this very unique concept. If true, then it will be a game changer for literally millions of people and Microsoft would stand to lose quite possibly billions of dollars. We are all waiting to hear back on this.

Rocky, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Running two Windows 10

1. Running two Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Running

2. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?: Hello, I'm using Win-11 pro edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work. After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", nothing happens, it doesn't even restart or do anything on the screen. Also...
  6. Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?

Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?: Hello, I'm using Win-11 pro edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work. After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", nothing happens, it doesn't even restart or do anything on the screen. Also...
  7. Why does modded Minecraft on Java run so poorly on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does modded Minecraft on Java run so poorly on my new PC?: I recently built a new PC. i played the All the Mods 9 on my prior PC and my current PC. Magically, its performing the same and sometimes worse then my old PC. Here is a spec comparison.Old build was an i5-10600k, RTX 3080, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, running on a 500GB M.2 3rd gen...
  8. Why does modded Minecraft on Java run so poorly on my new PC?

Why does modded Minecraft on Java run so poorly on my new PC?: I recently built a new PC. i played the All the Mods 9 on my prior PC and my current PC. Magically, its performing the same and sometimes worse then my old PC. Here is a spec comparison.Old build was an i5-10600k, RTX 3080, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, running on a 500GB M.2 3rd gen...
  9. CPU usage max 100 with nothing running

CPU usage max 100 with nothing running: things doneRan malware bytesSfc /scannowUpdated bios, chipset, gpu, etc.Removed unneeded applicationsInstalled new cpu Disk defrag/cleanupTomohawk b550Ryzen 7 5700xVengeance pro rgb 16gb x2GeForce gt 1030Not used for anything that could give viruses. Strictly for playing all...
  10. CPU usage max 100 with nothing running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage max 100 with nothing running: things doneRan malware bytesSfc /scannowUpdated bios, chipset, gpu, etc.Removed unneeded applicationsInstalled new cpu Disk defrag/cleanupTomohawk b550Ryzen 7 5700xVengeance pro rgb 16gb x2GeForce gt 1030Not used for anything that could give viruses. Strictly for playing all...