Windows 10: Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.

Discus and support Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As it says in the title, I am having an issue with an external microphone running Windows 10 in bootcamp. The issues is that despite the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HtC2000, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.

As it says in the title, I am having an issue with an external microphone running Windows 10 in bootcamp.

The issues is that despite the system knowing that the microphone is present and connected (visible to apps and in settings) no input is being picked up from it. When I plug the headset in everything works fine for an amount of time which to me is seemingly random, sometime it has lasted hours working and others it has stopped within seconds.

The lack of input is visible in online games, discord and in the settings, where the mic is visibly connected but when spoken in to it doesn't detect any sound.

I've tried a lot of solutions including troubleshooting, searching for updated drivers, updating windows and many others. If you have any idea how to fix this I would really appreciate some help!!!

submitted by /u/HtC2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HtC2000, Jun 30, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Bootcamp Installation: Mic isn't appearing

I have a Mac Mini with two audio jacks, one I use for headphones. I use apple earbuds, and they've always worked as a mic for Skype calls. Recently, I've installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Boot-camp, and the mic in my earbuds isn't working. The audio works
    fine, but the mic does not register. After some troubleshooting, I found the "recording devices" tab in Device Manager, and I found that my earbuds do not even appear on the list. It says Line-In (not connected) and Digital Audio. I've seen a lot of help suggesting
    to update the drivers, but how can I update the drivers if the earbuds don't even appear? Is it a hardware issue? Thanks!

UPDATE: I also tried plugging a USB Blue Snowball mic in--same problem.

WillVan de Walle, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.

Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.

1. Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues. - Similar Threads - Running bootcamp having

2. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  3. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  4. BootCamp issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BootCamp issues: HI, i really need help i bootcamped my computer without saving anything to drive on my mac and need help starting a new mac im freaking out as i have school tommorow someone please help...
  5. External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10: I'm on a Bootcamp mac running Windows 10. I can confirm that both the headphones sound and the headphones mic work when I'm running Mac OS. I can get sound through the headphones when I'm on Windows 10, but the mic just defaults to the built-in. When I go into settings, it...
  6. I have some issues with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have some issues with bootcamp: Where do I begin? so I installed windows 10 bootcamp for my iMac and it seemed to worked perfectly for a long time but recently after i login into windows i noticed the only thing on my desktop is my taskbar, the start menu and the time but I can't click on anything... if I...
  7. Windows 10 in bootloop issue with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 in bootloop issue with Bootcamp: Recently tried all the methods of trying to install Windows 10 on Bootcamp Catalina OS resulting in a loop of rebooting the Mac. Apple support staff has now routed me to Windows. Any help would be much appreciated! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Secondary display issues - iMac running Windows 10 on bootcamp

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary display issues - iMac running Windows 10 on bootcamp: I'm running Windows 10 on an iMac 27" using Bootcamp. I have a secondary display attached to the iMac. The secondary display is a Dell Monitor https://www.dell.com/ae/business/p/d...17h-monitor/pd The problem: The secondary display is recognized when the device boots up....
  9. Secondary display issues - iMac running Windows 10 on bootcamp

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary display issues - iMac running Windows 10 on bootcamp: I'm running Windows 10 on an iMac 27" using Bootcamp. I have a secondary display attached to the iMac. The secondary display is a Dell Monitor https://www.dell.com/ae/business/p/d...17h-monitor/pd The problem: The secondary display is recognized when the device boots up....
  10. Windows 10 running in Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 running in Bootcamp: Hi all, this is my first post on here so I hope I am doing things correctly!? I need some help please! Yesterday I installed Bootcamp on my Mac and then installed Windows 10. My Mac partition seems fine and working normally. My Windows partition has no sound and the...