Windows 10: Running Windows 10 on a Mac

Discus and support Running Windows 10 on a Mac in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been trying to boot Windows 10 on a friend's PC, and through the many hoops and hurdles, we've gotten so close as to seeing "Getting ready." text... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nolan A Miller, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Running Windows 10 on a Mac

I've been trying to boot Windows 10 on a friend's PC, and through the many hoops and hurdles, we've gotten so close as to seeing "Getting ready." text appear with the windows logo; however, after a brief visual of this screen, the apple logo appears and boots back into the macOS. There is no error or message that appears, which has left us a bit clueless. Anybody know a workaround or how to tackle this problem?

:)

Nolan A Miller, Jun 24, 2020

2. No sound on MAC running Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 on my new MAC and it is running great. Problem is I have not sound. There are 2 drivers listed under sound in device manager. I updated both. I made sure the volume is turned up and it is. Any suggestions? Does it have anything to
    do with Boot Camp? Thanks.

Dan DeAngelo, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Running Windows 10 on a Mac

No sound on MAC running Windows 10

Hey Dan,

Thanks for installing Windows 10. Check Software update in the Mac App Store, there were some Boot Camp updates released recently. (based on info I found on the apple forum). Hope this helps. Helped one other user on the apple forum with your same symptom.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Running Windows 10 on a Mac

1. Running Windows 10 on a Mac - Similar Threads - Running Mac

2. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  3. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  4. I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...

I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...: I have a Macbook pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-parallels-on-my-mac-to-be-able-to-run/924dabeb-e1d0-40ce-8750-5e39b3e28916
  5. I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought parallels on my Mac to be able to run excel as if I'm on a pc. I don't need any...: I have a Macbook pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-parallels-on-my-mac-to-be-able-to-run/924dabeb-e1d0-40ce-8750-5e39b3e28916
  6. Should I be able to activate windows 11 on mac M1 running in Parallels ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be able to activate windows 11 on mac M1 running in Parallels ?: I have windows 10 running on a windows computer. I want to use Parallels on my Mac M1. I am attempting to activate the windows 11 on the Mac M1 with my windows 10 product ID. Activation fails. Should I be able to do this?...
  7. Should I be able to activate windows 11 on mac M1 running in Parallels ?

Should I be able to activate windows 11 on mac M1 running in Parallels ?: I have windows 10 running on a windows computer. I want to use Parallels on my Mac M1. I am attempting to activate the windows 11 on the Mac M1 with my windows 10 product ID. Activation fails. Should I be able to do this?...
  8. i have an activated windows 10 computer. can i activate windows 11 on a mac running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have an activated windows 10 computer. can i activate windows 11 on a mac running...: I have an activated windows 10 computer. Can I activate windows 11 on a mac running parallels with my windows 10 product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-activated-windows-10-computer-can-i/e0648609-4db6-4d0f-b306-ef07b811c737
  9. i have an activated windows 10 computer. can i activate windows 11 on a mac running...

i have an activated windows 10 computer. can i activate windows 11 on a mac running...: I have an activated windows 10 computer. Can I activate windows 11 on a mac running parallels with my windows 10 product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-activated-windows-10-computer-can-i/e0648609-4db6-4d0f-b306-ef07b811c737
  10. Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip

Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip: Hi, I've been running Windows 10 through parallels on an iMac for a few years and have now upgraded to a MacBook with M1 chip. I've installed Parallels toolbox on the new Mac, my iso file for windows 10 is not compatible with the M1 chip, is there a way to install this...