Windows 10: Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10

Discus and support Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is it possible to copy the entire Windows 7 Spider Solitaire folder to Windows 10 and then run Spider Solitaire in Windows 10? Same for Windows 7 Chess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gogreen, Jun 8, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10

Is it possible to copy the entire Windows 7 Spider Solitaire folder to Windows 10 and then run Spider Solitaire in Windows 10? Same for Windows 7 Chess Titans?

:)

gogreen, Jun 8, 2015

2. Upgrading to windows 10 unable to download windows 7 version spider solitaire.

I had spider solitaire on windows 7. after upgrading to windows 10 unable to download windows 7 version to windows 10.

Original title: -----spider solitaire----

michaelbill, Jun 8, 2015
  3. NAFTALI45 Win User
    Spider solitaire

Hi, after applying a full scan with windows defender, I noticed, afterwards, that my "spider solitaire" disappeared from my computer and also the “games” file.

I am running windows 10 and I think the "Microsoft Spider Solitaire" was from win 7.

Any idea? HELP please.

NAFTALI45, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I doubt it, you'd have to run the installer(s)

They are available from a kind fellow forumeer.
    (I'll find the link in a minute)

Thank him here:

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/20...win-8-a-3.html

Post #43

Edwin, Jun 8, 2015
  5. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Anyone tested 32 bit version? it doesn't work for me. (no problems during setup and it says everything installed fine but I cant find any of the installed games)

64 bit version is fine.

Fired up Win 8.1 ent VirtualBox machine and reproduced problem so its not PC specific problem.

6. The 32 bit install mod might be confused and look for Program Files (x86). You could try installing it to that folder - not sure if it will let you or if it will work.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Windows 64 bit has this folder to distinguish between 32 bit and 64 bit software, on 32 bit system there is only Program Files folder. Should I create Program Files (x86)?

Manually created Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games folder on 32 bit system still no go.

Seems that 32 bit installer is broken.

8. DW10 Win User

9. gogreen Win User
    gogreen, Jul 26, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I only installed the 64 bit version which still works even on build 10264.

I might try and install in a VM but I don't see much (if any) use for 32 bit machines any more. When making the MSI I never tested the 32 bit version. I thought that if 64 bit version was OK the 32 bit version should be too --mea culpa if it doesn't work.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 26, 2015
  11. radiojer Win User
    I followed the link and downloaded the games. Thought they installed but they won't launch. Anyone else have any ideas? I'd really like to have the Windows 7 version of Spider Solitaire on my "new" Windows 10 machine.

radiojer, Jul 29, 2015
  12. gogreen Win User
    Edwin's link (above), the download, and the installation went perfectly. A pleasant surprise is that my Windows 7 games kept their statistics! *Cool

gogreen, Jul 30, 2015
  13. radiojer Win User

I ran the installer by following the link in Dropbox but I can't find the games. And this from a guy who makes a living doing computer work. I'm running Win 10/64 bit. Thanks.

Jerry

radiojer, Jul 30, 2015
  14. gogreen Win User
    It worked for me--Edwin's Dropbox link in post #2. You're making sure you're downloading the right one--either the 64-bit or 32-bit, right? I wanted only spider solitaire and chess titans. Those are the games for which Windows 10 even saved my statistics.

gogreen, Jul 30, 2015
  15. radiojer Win User
    I just installed Windows 10 yesterday and I'm not really familiar with it yet so it's probably an issue with my ignorance. Yes, I installed the 64 bit version and the installation appeared to be successful. But when I do a search for msgames nothing shows up. Thanks for your help. L: Jerry@Agourapc.com
    Headed out the door for the evening so won't be able to reply for a while but thanks for your help.

radiojer, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Running Spider Solitaire

2. Windows Games - Spider Solitaire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Games - Spider Solitaire: In Spider Solitaire, what follows Gold Grandmaster? I'm on Level 425, Gold Grandmaster 6. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-games-spider-solitaire/2c468a88-553f-4a60-9510-81b840478fc9
  3. AE Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Customization
    AE Spider Solitaire: I have lost my AE Spider Solitaire game which I have had for years. Just this morning the notification was it is no longer in my account. I have no idea how or why this has happened. Would appreciate some insight. Thanks....
  4. Spider Solitaire for Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spider Solitaire for Windows 7: I have had Spider Solitaire on my Windows 10 PC for quite a while with absolutely no problem. After that last update - 8/26/20 - it stopped working. Running Compatibility detector didn't help and neither did the other suggestions. How can I get it back?...
  5. Spider Solitaire

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spider Solitaire: Why has the game changed so that I cannot take a card from the pile if one was removed already but if I move another one in the same suit onto it, it can be moved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/8806e5a5-79ca-47fc-b732-dedd4cec7c58
  6. Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spider Solitaire: Where does Windows store data for Spider Solitaire? By that I mean, games played, per cent won, etc. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/06b01630-cee7-4bb6-8bbb-54d71cfc650c
  7. Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spider Solitaire: Within the past couple months all my Spider Solitaire games (about 8,000 with winning percent 19%) have disappeared. Why? Can you put them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/110ffa60-8706-4da2-8ca5-05d84e86b54e"
  8. solitaire spider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solitaire spider: why do the completed decks go sideways when clearing down ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-spider/0f65e5cc-3954-4f06-b834-3acd6dd53175
  9. microsoft spider solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft spider solitaire: On every other game, the completed decks go sideways. I have tried uninstall/install a few times, rebooted after an uninstall a couple of times, looked for the app elsewhere other than in the store, but still it persists. Any thoughts, please. ?? Ta....
  10. Windows 7 Spider Solitaire on 1607

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Spider Solitaire on 1607: Can anyone get this (and the other Windows 7 games like minesweeper etc) to work any more? It worked fine on 10586 but no more... 58882

Users found this page by searching for:

1. running windows 7 solitaire in windows 10