Windows 10: Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10

Discus and support Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 yesterday and I'm not really familiar with it yet so it's probably an issue with my ignorance. Yes, I installed the 64 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gogreen, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\

Edwin, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Berton Win User

I had these Win7 games installed on a Win8.1 Notebook and just a bit ago finished the Upgrade to Win10 Home. It kept the games and they work fine.

Berton, Jul 30, 2015
  3. radiojer Win User
    Interesting I find a folder there but the entire sub-folder for Spider Solitaire is 916 KB - no wonder the exe won't launch. None of the other games will launch either even though, for instance, Purble Place is 36.7 Mb.

radiojer, Jul 30, 2015
  4. geoB Win User

FWIW, after upgrading to Win 10 today I downloaded the msi from post #2. Installation failed because Norton Security objected. No joy.

5. radiojer Win User
    Curious what happens after you disable Norton. Or better yet, get rid of it. I've given up on the Windows 7 games for now. Back to playing Snood for mindless entertainment and time-wasting.

radiojer, Aug 2, 2015
  6. geoB Win User
    After disabling, installation proceeds but, for example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\SpiderSolitaire\en-US is empty!

g

7. radiojer Win User
    I get a similar experience but my Spider Solitaire folder is 916 Kb bigger than yours....still not enough to launch. Some of the threads I've seen say that MS is going to include the Windows 7 games with Win 10 - maybe in future updates. I dunno. I haven't yet seen any compelling reason why I should have "upgraded" except for the fun of the experience.

radiojer, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Did you guys 'unblock' the files in Properties?

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  9. radiojer Win User
    Huh? What, where?

radiojer, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    radiojer, did you download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version. Your System Specs don't reveal which version of Windows but the 64-bit can run 32-bit programs [but not the other way around], just have to look in C:\Program Files (x86) for the presence of the 32-bit programs.

Berton, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  12. radiojer Win User
    Wow, I've never seen that before. Thanks. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow.

Jerry

radiojer, Aug 2, 2015
  13. AGirlInNJ Win User

Thank you, I originally did this and it was working fine for the last few weeks. This week, Windows 10 did some updates, (that I hadn't okay'd) and when I logged in the spider game was now missing. I tried reinstalling and repairing, with no luck. I also tried backing out of the updates, which did nothing. Next I plan to uninstall and reinstall.... Is this a know issue? And is there anything else I should try?

update, I tried the uninstall/reinstall no luck. BTW, 64 bit version. It seems to install correctly but the exe file will not run.

AGirlInNJ, Sep 23, 2016
  14. xniki15x Win User
    xniki15x, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Running Spider Solitaire

2. Windows Games - Spider Solitaire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Games - Spider Solitaire: In Spider Solitaire, what follows Gold Grandmaster? I'm on Level 425, Gold Grandmaster 6. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-games-spider-solitaire/2c468a88-553f-4a60-9510-81b840478fc9
  3. AE Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Customization
    AE Spider Solitaire: I have lost my AE Spider Solitaire game which I have had for years. Just this morning the notification was it is no longer in my account. I have no idea how or why this has happened. Would appreciate some insight. Thanks....
  4. Spider Solitaire for Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spider Solitaire for Windows 7: I have had Spider Solitaire on my Windows 10 PC for quite a while with absolutely no problem. After that last update - 8/26/20 - it stopped working. Running Compatibility detector didn't help and neither did the other suggestions. How can I get it back?...
  5. Spider Solitaire

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spider Solitaire: Why has the game changed so that I cannot take a card from the pile if one was removed already but if I move another one in the same suit onto it, it can be moved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/8806e5a5-79ca-47fc-b732-dedd4cec7c58
  6. Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spider Solitaire: Where does Windows store data for Spider Solitaire? By that I mean, games played, per cent won, etc. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/06b01630-cee7-4bb6-8bbb-54d71cfc650c
  7. Spider Solitaire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spider Solitaire: Within the past couple months all my Spider Solitaire games (about 8,000 with winning percent 19%) have disappeared. Why? Can you put them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spider-solitaire/110ffa60-8706-4da2-8ca5-05d84e86b54e"
  8. solitaire spider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solitaire spider: why do the completed decks go sideways when clearing down ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-spider/0f65e5cc-3954-4f06-b834-3acd6dd53175
  9. microsoft spider solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft spider solitaire: On every other game, the completed decks go sideways. I have tried uninstall/install a few times, rebooted after an uninstall a couple of times, looked for the app elsewhere other than in the store, but still it persists. Any thoughts, please. ?? Ta....
  10. Windows 7 Spider Solitaire on 1607

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Spider Solitaire on 1607: Can anyone get this (and the other Windows 7 games like minesweeper etc) to work any more? It worked fine on 10586 but no more... 58882