Windows 10: Running WIndows security scan

Discus and support Running WIndows security scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rockface, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Rockface Win User

Running WIndows security scan

Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan.

It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others.

I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats.

why isn't it doing anything about them ?

:)

Rockface, Nov 8, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Running WIndows security scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Running WIndows security scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Running WIndows security scan

How to run a full security scan

How do I get Windows 10 / Windows Defender to do a security scan of my computer? I can't find Windows Defender in the list of apps. I can't find an icon to click on to run a full scan.

Thank you for information.

LindaSeltzer, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Running WIndows security scan

1. Running WIndows security scan - Similar Threads - Running security scan

2. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  3. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  4. i can't run security scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  5. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  6. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run

Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run: From the Windows Security screen, I am trying to run a manual scan. No matter which option I try Quick Scan or Full Scan, nothing happens. Near the top of the screen it says "No current threats" - but I have always been able to manually run a scan in the past even though it...
  8. Windows security scan

Windows security scan: Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not...
  9. Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan

Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan: Ever since 1903 in June when I do run a scan using Windows Security I get this error message>> [ATTACH] The scan runs in full ( I guess) but I never see results and I get this message. How do I get rid of this? I am the administrator!!!...
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....