Windows 10: Running Windws 10 as the administrator

Discus and support Running Windws 10 as the administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OK, I think a number of people have had this problem, but it's cropping up a lot more for me now. I can't seem to get this Windows 10 to run with me as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FerdBerfel1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Running Windws 10 as the administrator

OK, I think a number of people have had this problem, but it's cropping up a lot more for me now. I can't seem to get this Windows 10 to run with me as the administrator. I have tried three of the fixes found online and none of them work.

:)

FerdBerfel1, Jul 11, 2020

2. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, Jul 11, 2020
  3. windws 10 start button

Hi Gary,

Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Anannya Podder, Jul 11, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Running Windws 10 as the administrator

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Running Windws 10 as the administrator

1. Running Windws 10 as the administrator - Similar Threads - Running Windws administrator

2. run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  3. reseting windws 10 password

reseting windws 10 password: When I tried to reset the windows 10 password using the sign-in panel, I choose the reset password, immediately appears in the screen the response to the security question, and I can´t change my password....
  4. Office 2007 on Windws 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2007 on Windws 10 ?: I’m finally going buy a new computer with Windows 10, from Windows 7 Pro. I currently have Office 2007, and use Excel, Word & Outlook quite a bit. It seems to have gotten conflicting information as to whether Office 2007 would install on Windows 10. Is Office 2007compatible...
  5. windws 10 hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windws 10 hotspot: hot spot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windws-10-hotspot/8d3b9bb1-50b2-4e1d-b27e-e8377609de1a
  6. windws 10 education?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windws 10 education?: I want to install and use windows 10 education onto a PC that I am building. I will be using it for schoolwork. The problem is that my school doesn't offer Windows 10. So what can I do? I can't afford to buy regular windows 10. Does anyone have experiences with sites like...
  7. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  8. run windows 10 as an administrator

run windows 10 as an administrator: how do I run windows 10 as an administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/run-windows-10-as-an-administrator/16edec70-31d0-49cf-a35d-e121a55b0303
  9. not just about Windws 10, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    not just about Windws 10, but...: Had my Dell PC crash after a year running 10. I got new hard drive and USB with OS/drivers to restore Windows 7.Problem is that I am unable to do some stuff, like add folders to start menu and move individual programs into them. 10 worked great while I had it, maybe it was...
  10. Run as Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as Administrator in Windows 10: How to: Run as Administrator in Windows 10 How to Run an App as Administrator in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For example, when a program that you...