Windows 10: Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box.

Discus and support Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been able to set up login scripts for given users on a local box (no domain). I want to have a script run at login time for ALL users. I'll do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Dec 16, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box.

I've been able to set up login scripts for given users on a local box (no domain).
    I want to have a script run at login time for ALL users.

I'll do the work. Please just point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

W10Pro64 - all updates

:)

fatkatie, Dec 16, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Another option would be as a scheduled task.

Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box. [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 21, 2020
  3. fatkatie Win User

I've been able to set up login scripts for given users on a local box (no domain).
    I want to have a script run at login time for ALL users.

I'll do the work. Please just point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

W10Pro64 - all updates

fatkatie, Jan 21, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

You could put a shortcut here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

(Startup folder, all users).

Using Classic/Open Shell start menu (free) gives you very convenient access to this folder and supports drag and drop modification. Even if you did not use it as your start menu you can use it to modify it.

dalchina, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box. - Similar Threads - Runnning script login

2. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box not showing for Local User: My personal account is able to be logged into as normal. However, when trying to log in with the Local User account I added it lets me click it but no password box shows up and the "Sign In" button does nothing when clicked. I've restarted my computer many times to no avail....
  3. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box not showing for Local User: My personal account is able to be logged into as normal. However, when trying to log in with the Local User account I added it lets me click it but no password box shows up and the "Sign In" button does nothing when clicked. I've restarted my computer many times to no avail....
  4. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  6. W10 Local Password to Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 Local Password to Login: Hello, Is there any way to set my windows 10 device to have a local password vs the password attached to my online account? I prefer to have a local password to my device. I guess a pin would work but is there any difference? Thank you...
  7. Local User login on Win 10

Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  8. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  9. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Login with Local User on Windows Pro: Hi, I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed. I completed the setup, all ok. I have created a new user for my collegaue to use the PC who will also need to be an administrator. She does not have a microsoft email acount or address...
  10. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...