Windows 10: RunOnce for all users across all computers.

Discus and support RunOnce for all users across all computers. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to figure out how to set a group policy that will execute an application once for all users across all computers on our domain.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ron Lynde, May 8, 2019.

1. Ron Lynde Win User

RunOnce for all users across all computers.

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to set a group policy that will execute an application once for all users across all computers on our domain.

Example

User A logs into Computer A, command is executed. User A logs back into Computer A, command does not execute.

User A logs into Computer B, command is executed once and never again, same with Computer C, D, etc.

I have been trying to use the RunOnce registry setting, but have only been able to get the application to launch on the first computer. Once I log into the next one, nothing happens.

Is there any way to apply the RunOnce command so that it runs for every user on whichever computer they happen to log into?

Thank You!

Ron Lynde

:)

Ron Lynde, May 8, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Runonce with batch

I managed to do it via 1 line in batch the code is as follows. for a standard message via runonce

Code: Reg Add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /v Message /d "MSG * YOUR MESSAGE" /f[/quote] obviously change HKLM to HKCU for the user of your choice instead.

Solaris17, May 8, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 8, 2019
  4. RunOnce for all users across all computers.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 8, 2019
Thema:

RunOnce for all users across all computers.

1. RunOnce for all users across all computers. - Similar Threads - RunOnce users across

2. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms: why WHY WHY WHY, this I going on for last 2 years now more on msn.com than anywhere.png viruses or jpegs something happening.Does it in android does it windows 10 and 11 does it on iOS and macOS.flaw somewhere in videos on msn.17/11/22...
  3. All user on computer locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All user on computer locked: All user on computer locked.Please suggest how do unlock admin user.Please Reply with Resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-user-on-computer-locked/33f7cc8d-05e3-43fd-8168-bafbdf6de59c
  4. Blacked Out Start Screen - Across All Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blacked Out Start Screen - Across All Computers: Several months ago, the start-up screen on all of my computers Windows 10 with 365 turned black and no longer displayed my images as a background. I have tinkered with all of the "color" settings but no effect. This is effecting all of my computers 3 at home and 1 in the...
  5. Issue with google across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with google across all browsers: Posting here because I feel this is a different issue from Google. When I try to access my Gmail by clicking on either the MENU icon or my Avatar Picture Icon, nothing happens, they are now unresponsive, across ALL browsers I use MSedge, Chrome and Firefox I have:...
  6. Desktop icons across all users

Desktop icons across all users: How can I stop the desktop icons from changing across all users? There's two accounts on my PC: mine and my friend's. Mine is a Microsoft, his is a local account. If I delete a shortcut from my desktop, it's deleted on his too. How can we stop this? It's annoying....
  7. Fonts all across the internet

Fonts all across the internet: I just set up a new computer today (4-10-19) & most of the fonts across most of the sites (even here), my bookmarks, etc. the fonts are almost 'see-through'. I don't know any other way of describing it. I'm having some trouble trying to navigate through Windows 10. It's not...
  8. System Stuttering Across All Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Stuttering Across All Apps: After various amateur attempts at identifying the problem and two clean installs (updating all drivers each time), my 5 year old Windows 10 PC continues to have performance problems across all apps, including those it had no problem tackling in the past such as GMS2 and...
  9. Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms: So a couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU and ever since I've been having problems with audio sync. Whenever I play video, over time, usually about 30 minutes to an hour, the audio will become noticeably out of sync. The audio always plays ahead of...
  10. Weird font problem across all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Weird font problem across all browsers: Hi, A few months ago I started using my new laptop with Windows 8.1. Suddenly I noticed that on certain websites the fonts are displaying incorrectly. It would show Times New Roman in parts of the page instead of the normal font. This happens in all browsers so I guess it's...