Windows 10: Runs slow and lagging after update

Discus and support Runs slow and lagging after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlFacinho, Sep 10, 2018.

1. AlFacinho Win User

Runs slow and lagging after update

Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor would barely move when i move the mouse. I turnedit off and was told it would install updates and reboot but after four hours of "restarting" i finally gave up and called our local computer technician to come fix it. Fortunately he can come at 8 in the morning, fix the problems caused by your update, and leave me a bill to pay when he leaves. How can i opt out of future "upgrades"? My computer was working fine beforehand, why should it quit working after? How do i opt out in the future?

:)

AlFacinho, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Laptop Asus Slow/Lag during and everytime windows update

Hi Ron,

It's really odd for your computer to experience a performance issue (slowness/lag) after each and every update, hence, it should improve your computer's performance. There could be some software that's causing the issue, or an outdated driver/s. That said,
    we suggest that you check if following the steps on this article to improve the performance of your computer
    will work.

Let us know if you're able to determine the culprit after following the steps on the said article.

Carlos Tin, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Runs slow and lagging after update - Similar Threads - Runs slow lagging

2. Windows 11 Running Slow After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Running Slow After Update: Hi, After Installing Intel Graphic Update my PC takes long time to startup each time and running slow...I restored the pc to last restore point before update, the problem gone.. But every system application need reinstall...When I updated it again it became lazy and...
  3. Slow and lag after reset this pc

Slow and lag after reset this pc: Hi! i got a new laptop i5 11400H RTX 3050, 8gb ram nvme m.2 its so much better but it still slow and lagging in windows 11 can someone help me it got slow after reset pc...
  4. Computer running slow after restart and update.

Computer running slow after restart and update.: Having an issue that’s been bothering me for about week now. One day I booted up my computer and the computer has been super slow, my desktop wallpaper was removed and replaced. Also my OneDrive has syncing issues. I also get this error message. Any help will be much...
  5. computer running slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  6. Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?: Hi All I have a computer that is about 6 months old... it has an Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, ASUS Prime Z370-P II motherboard, HX1000i video card, SSD 500GB main drive with a 2TB second IDE drive and a 1000w power supply... I am also running a Logitech Bluetooth...
  7. Windows 10 Running Slow after Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Running Slow after Update: It's been a few months since I was able to update Windows. After many frustrating attempts, including my laptop being out of commission for 2-1/2 weeks, I was finally able to update to windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.476. I have an HP laptop, G6-2235 us. I have 8 gb of...
  8. Windows 10 Running Slow after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Running Slow after Update: It's been a few months since I was able to update Windows. After many frustrating attempts, including my laptop being out of commission for 2-1/2 weeks, I was finally able to update to windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.476. I have an HP laptop, G6-2235 us. I have 8 gb of...
  9. slow running pc after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow running pc after 1903 update: Hi. I installed the Windows 10 May 1903 update a few weeks ago. My pc has been really slow and I'm trying to figure out if the two things are linked. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I work out if the update is the cause?...
  10. Pc running slow after 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc running slow after 1803 update: Hello, I have upgraded to windows 10 1803 on my new hp notebook. But after upgrading i have many problems like booting time is very slow, memory and disk uses 100%. And pc freezes up ....i have tried everything like update my all drivers,disable some services...when i...