Windows 10: Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

Discus and support Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost all CPU-time. Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process. Tried different suggestions but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by selsmoran, Aug 22, 2015.

1. selsmoran Win User

Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost
    all CPU-time.
    Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process.
    Tried different suggestions but it still keeps starting.
    E.g. disabling time broker service.
    Problem still occurs for some reason.
    Please help with how you solved it.

:)

selsmoran, Aug 22, 2015

2. Runtime Broker Parameters

Every 90 seconds or so, Runtime Broker (Time Broker in Services) fires-up and consumes about 25% of my CPU cycles. I can start Task Manager and end the task from there, but it just restarts every minute or two. Every time my cooling fan speeds up, I look
    in Task Manager, and there Runtime Broker is, consuming 20% - 30% of CPU time.

I have gone to the Services dialog and "Stop"ed "Time Broker", but this seems to have no effect on Runtime Broker starting up again.

Are there Start parameters I could give Time Broker (in the Services window, right-click on Time Broker, choose Properties) that would limit the amount of CPU cycles it consumes? If it performs some necessary function, I'd be OK with it running if it wouldn't
    take over and hog most of the usable CPU time.

Qualls{'David'}, Aug 22, 2015
  3. SFRobert Win User
    High Memory usage by ntoskrnl.exe System after upgrading to windows 10 home

Nope - does not work. I disabled Runtime Broker and for a few minutes it dropped then went back to consuming most of the CPU

SFRobert, Aug 22, 2015
  4. tony910 Win User

tony910, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU - Similar Threads - Runtime Broker consuming

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    runtime broker: Hello there , I disabled the runtime broker from the registry but still there are 3 processes running, rebooted also. note: I'm not use any windows apps and already disabled notifications and the "get tips from windows..." [ATTACH]...
  4. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker: Hey everyone, I don’t really need help just was curious. I saw 3-4 runtime broker processes running in my task manager and wanted to know if that’s typical. They use a very small amount of ram and I’ve done some googling and know what the process does but can’t find anything...
  5. Runtime Broker

in Cortana
    Runtime Broker: Hey! I've been having trouble running games recently. In this case, I've been trying to run Apex Legends and it runs fine until it freezes and I'm forced to hard reboot my pc. I've checked Reliability History and this it what it shows: Source Runtime Broker Summary...
  6. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  7. Ever since October 2018 update, Runtime Broker and Photos are consuming a lot of CPU and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since October 2018 update, Runtime Broker and Photos are consuming a lot of CPU and...: The reason I know it's Photos is because when I end task from the manager, the system starts to cool down. When "Runtime Broker" and "Photos" are running, I can end the task to Photos and the system starts getting cooler, not to mention that Runtime Broker can use anywhere...
  8. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  9. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Broker: Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp...
  10. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos and runtime broker use up spu until i open it