Windows 10: Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script

Discus and support Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where can I find it and stop it running and it also said that if I don't stop it, my pc will stop responding which has started as in Word is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DingiswayyoNzima, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script

Where can I find it and stop it running and it also said that if I don't stop it, my pc will stop responding which has started as in Word is not responding and other programs.

:)

DingiswayyoNzima, Jun 27, 2020

2. Runtime Broker uses CPU and Memory when the Windows Store Facebook app is run

Hi Gordon,

Please be informed that Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to
    use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps.

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.
    Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 27, 2020
  3. roncovet Win User
    runtime broker problem

Runtime broker increasing mem usage incrementaly past 6 gig (12g mem in sustem) and 100% usage of disc. downgrade runtime priotity to lowest priority helps but resets to normal. Ending task stops usage but comes right back. Don't want to disable it
    if it is a needed program as suggested in other post I have read. Running win 10.

roncovet, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script

Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script

1. Runtime broker just posted that I should stop running a script - Similar Threads - Runtime broker posted

2. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  3. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  4. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Cortana
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker appearAnyone knows how to fix this...
  6. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker appearAnyone knows how to fix this...
  7. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  9. Stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background: How to stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background. Running win 10 Home 32 bit upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium 12707
  10. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301