Windows 10: Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

Discus and support Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days in Cortana to solve the problem; DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LaurentPerrier3, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name: praid:runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1Application Version: 10.0.19041.746Application Timestamp: 5b78739cFault Module Name: Windows.Storage.Search.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1741Fault Module Timestamp: ffeda3b7Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 000000000001af85OS&n

:)

LaurentPerrier3, Jan 21, 2023
  2. flagtrax Win User

Runtime Broker

While this adds credence to the fact that this is truly an issue, Even the Microsoft response is incomplete. To quote their page:

"•Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more.
    •If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer."

1. They address high memory usage, and don't even talk about CPU time. And of course it's not their fault, it's an apps fault. There should be a "trap" for that app! *Tongue
    2. As I've said before (in many different ways) why deploy an OS with such a horrible bug. This issue has been reported since windows 8! Microsoft deployed windows10 claiming to fix much of previous OS issues.
    3. If their answer is to disable it, or as in this instruction restart it, why is it needed in the first place.
    4. Restarting the pc every 10-15 minutes is absurd, which is what I'd have to do to keep up with Runtime broker's hunger.
    5. If one has to disable key attributes of windows 10, like Cortana, Live tiles, notifications, and more, to keep the system running, what's the point of having it in the first place? Those are the things people are upgrading for.

For me this OS has gotten way more hype than it deserves. When I first loaded Ubuntu as a dual boot system, (not there now, just so there is no misunderstanding) I had absolutely no issues running it. I'm not saying it was perfect but then again the Ubuntu community is not Microsoft!

flagtrax, Jan 21, 2023
  3. shinitaru Win User
    Runtime Broker Process

This worked for me too. I noticed that the process was getting a lot of activity but wasn't sure if it was the culprit. Thanks!

shinitaru, Jan 21, 2023
  4. Antilope Win User

Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

Runtime Broker Process

Runtime Broker kept thrashing my system, usually using 40% of my CPU although memory use wasn't much, according to the Task Manager. I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro x64 version 10240.

Runtime Broker is a service called Time Broker, which can be disabled through editing the registry.
    Right-click on the Start Menu Icon. Go to RUN and type regedit.exe and select OK.

Find the following entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000003

Change the 3 to a 4.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000004

4 is Disabled, 3 is Manual and 2 is Automatic startup.

Before editing, the original value was 3. Set to 4 to disable. Just change the 3 to a 4 through the MODIFY menu selection, exit regedit and reboot your system.

After this edit, Runtime Broker no longer runs and the CPU at idle is now only 0 to 1 or 2 percent.

No adverse affects after disabling Runtime Broker on my system. (ADDITIONAL NOTE: Disabling Runtime Broker will prevent apps from the Microsoft Store from running.)

Antilope, Jan 21, 2023
Thema:

Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

1. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days - Similar Threads - Runtime broker stopped

2. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  3. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  4. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  5. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  6. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Cortana
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker appearAnyone knows how to fix this...
  8. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker appearAnyone knows how to fix this...
  9. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

10. Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install: i full format , clean installation windows 10 1909 from USB i download from microsoft , i have in a usb the 1903 copy save from previosly , idk if i full format again and delete the 1909 and install the 1903 , buttt after i change the view of CP to large i monitoring the...