Windows 10: Runtime broker

Discus and support Runtime broker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi, I've got two questions regarding the runtime broker. 1. When I was starting my laptop, a notification about runtime broker appeared. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnieLorenzo1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Runtime broker

Runtime broker [​IMG]Hi,

I've got two questions regarding the runtime broker.

1. When I was starting my laptop, a notification about runtime broker appeared. It said that the group or resource is not in the correct stare to perform an operstion. What could that mean? This is first time I encounter this.

2. I can see four runtime broker in task manager. Is that normal?

I have actually end task the runtime broker with the highest percentage. Then restarted my laptop. The runtime broker error did not appear again.

Do you think it solved the possible problem?

Thank you for help .

:)

ConnieLorenzo1, Aug 9, 2019

2. Runtime Broker Parameters

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to
    use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

• Let us know which all apps are open at the moment when you see the memory high.
    I would suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a: Press the
    Windows key and click on Settings.

b: Type Troubleshooting
    and select troubleshooting.

c. Click View all on the left pane of the screen.

d: Click on
    System maintenance

e: Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also try setting the priority of the service as low and check. Here is the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC
      or Right click on task bar and select Task manager.
    • Go to Details tab.
    • Locate Runtimebroker.exe and right click on that, click on
      Set priority, choose low from the drop down menu.
    • Click on Change priority.

To make sure your system is not affected, you may also run Windows Defender and check.

You may run Offline defender also. See the link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Disclaimer: Data or files which are infected by malware/virus might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Have a great day.

Navneet Anand, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Bazz Win User
  4. Runtime broker

Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Runtime broker

1. Runtime broker - Similar Threads - Runtime broker

2. Why are applications running under Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are applications running under Runtime Broker: Hi I understand that Runtime Broker is for managing/ running Windows Metro/ Universal applications? On my machine, all applications are running under the RunTime Broker Process which is leading to severe performance degradation. Why is this? I cannot replicate on...
  3. Runtime Broker keeps showing up whenever i open setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime Broker keeps showing up whenever i open setting.: Good day, i need help regarding this problem. Whenever i open my windows setting, RuntimeBroker.exe keeps popping up. I ended the task of Runtime broker in the task manager and rebooted my system but the problem are keep coming back, so annoying please help.[ATTACH]...
  4. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  5. Windows Shell Experience Host and Runtime Broker spiking CPU usage to 100% every time I...

Windows Shell Experience Host and Runtime Broker spiking CPU usage to 100% every time I...: So I've had issues with Windows Shell Experience Host before, however I fixed the issue simply turning off the slideshow my desktop background was on at the time. This time the Windows Shell Experience Host issue has seemingly come out of nowhere, and it now has an...
  6. Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU

Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU: So I have had this issue for a little while now. It showed up in the CPU usage graph of Afterburner hardware monitor, which I have running on my gaming PC at all times to keep tabs on my system. This CPU graph would be at 5% for a couple of seconds, and then go up to 30% for...
  7. system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory

system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory: Recently I have noticed that system guard runtime monitor broker has been using a lot of memory. Restarting my computer temporally fixes a problem but after a few hours it's back to using a lot of memory. I know it should use about 1.2 mb of memory where mine is using over a...
  8. Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle: Hi after using netflix app extensively without issue, I recently got a odd issue where none of the content would load/buffer and would get a infinite loading circle icon. After I searched I found only one mension of a workaround fix: Netflix fix video It basically shows...
  9. Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage

Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage: Solutions I already tried: * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker Changing Start into 4 * Removed the slideshow notification * Closed all my personal tray apps * Performed an offline scan using Windows defender * Performed a normal scan using...
  10. Dcom 10016 Error, have tried multiple fixes, now have 2 runtime brokers, old without error...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dcom 10016 Error, have tried multiple fixes, now have 2 runtime brokers, old without error...: Had the error originally with 9CA88...{Screenshot below}. Was causing lock ups one to two times daily sometimes requiring hard reset and screen blinks/flashes throughout the day. This is my fathers PC which I setup for him, brand ****stall dont know how this came about either...