Windows 10: Runtime Broker

Discus and support Runtime Broker in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gallicbear, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Runtime Broker

Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp is normal, about 30+ degrees. However, Runtime Broker keeps showing up and using much memory. I've read some forums, but nobody really says how to handle it. Someone says it is connected with live tiles. Can't figure out which one... I've got 2 other PCs with Windows 10; neither one of them has this problem. So I am planning on refreshing/resetting the system, or reinstalling Windows from scratch. Thanks for any tip.

:)

gallicbear, Aug 15, 2015

2. I upgraded and it keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100% live tiles do not workRuntime Broker.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the
    Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the
    Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User
  5. Thanks, Bazz. That took care of it. Before, my CPU load was up to 30, or 40 at idle. Now it's less than 10. And temp has gone down to what it should be.

gallicbear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Runtime Broker

1. Runtime Broker - Similar Threads - Runtime Broker

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  4. Runtime Broker

in Cortana
  5. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Cortana
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  6. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  7. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

8. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  9. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  10. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging