Windows 10: Runtime Broker

Discus and support Runtime Broker in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gallicbear, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Runtime Broker

Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp is normal, about 30+ degrees. However, Runtime Broker keeps showing up and using much memory. I've read some forums, but nobody really says how to handle it. Someone says it is connected with live tiles. Can't figure out which one... I've got 2 other PCs with Windows 10; neither one of them has this problem. So I am planning on refreshing/resetting the system, or reinstalling Windows from scratch. Thanks for any tip.

:)

gallicbear, Aug 15, 2015

2. I upgraded and it keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100% live tiles do not workRuntime Broker.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the
    Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of
    RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the
    Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User
  5. Thanks, Bazz. That took care of it. Before, my CPU load was up to 30, or 40 at idle. Now it's less than 10. And temp has gone down to what it should be.

gallicbear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Runtime Broker

1. Runtime Broker - Similar Threads - Runtime Broker

2. Why are applications running under Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are applications running under Runtime Broker: Hi I understand that Runtime Broker is for managing/ running Windows Metro/ Universal applications? On my machine, all applications are running under the RunTime Broker Process which is leading to severe performance degradation. Why is this? I cannot replicate on...
  3. Runtime broker

Runtime broker: [IMG]Hi, I've got two questions regarding the runtime broker. 1. When I was starting my laptop, a notification about runtime broker appeared. It said that the group or resource is not in the correct stare to perform an operstion. What could that mean? This is first time I...
  4. Runtime Broker keeps showing up whenever i open setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime Broker keeps showing up whenever i open setting.: Good day, i need help regarding this problem. Whenever i open my windows setting, RuntimeBroker.exe keeps popping up. I ended the task of Runtime broker in the task manager and rebooted my system but the problem are keep coming back, so annoying please help.[ATTACH]...
  5. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  6. Windows Shell Experience Host and Runtime Broker spiking CPU usage to 100% every time I...

Windows Shell Experience Host and Runtime Broker spiking CPU usage to 100% every time I...: So I've had issues with Windows Shell Experience Host before, however I fixed the issue simply turning off the slideshow my desktop background was on at the time. This time the Windows Shell Experience Host issue has seemingly come out of nowhere, and it now has an...
  7. Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU

Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU: So I have had this issue for a little while now. It showed up in the CPU usage graph of Afterburner hardware monitor, which I have running on my gaming PC at all times to keep tabs on my system. This CPU graph would be at 5% for a couple of seconds, and then go up to 30% for...
  8. system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory

system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory: Recently I have noticed that system guard runtime monitor broker has been using a lot of memory. Restarting my computer temporally fixes a problem but after a few hours it's back to using a lot of memory. I know it should use about 1.2 mb of memory where mine is using over a...
  9. Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle: Hi after using netflix app extensively without issue, I recently got a odd issue where none of the content would load/buffer and would get a infinite loading circle icon. After I searched I found only one mension of a workaround fix: Netflix fix video It basically shows...
  10. Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage

Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage: Solutions I already tried: * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker Changing Start into 4 * Removed the slideshow notification * Closed all my personal tray apps * Performed an offline scan using Windows defender * Performed a normal scan using...