Windows 10: Runtime Broker

Discus and support Runtime Broker in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey! I've been having trouble running games recently. In this case, I've been trying to run Apex Legends and it runs fine until it freezes and I'm... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jaron Rallos, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Runtime Broker

Hey! I've been having trouble running games recently.
    In this case, I've been trying to run Apex Legends and it runs fine until it freezes and I'm forced to hard reboot my pc.

I've checked Reliability History and this it what it shows:

Source
    Runtime Broker

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎1/‎23/‎2020 12:16 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Application Name: praid:runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Application Timestamp: 4539d5a0
    Fault Module Name: SettingsEnvironment.Desktop.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.387
    Fault Module Timestamp: 10b406e4
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000002b605
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.100
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 789a
    Additional Information 2: 789aeef51da05995f207dcf202006add
    Additional Information 3: 8c17
    Additional Information 4: 8c17ec3e550b29b30cbdc624f58b6172

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 2231854cbf4d6555e46715be303ff626 1470167709957223974

:)

Jaron Rallos, Jan 23, 2020

2. Runtime Broker Parameters

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to
    use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select
    Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

• Let us know which all apps are open at the moment when you see the memory high.
    I would suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a: Press the
    Windows key and click on Settings.

b: Type Troubleshooting
    and select troubleshooting.

c. Click View all on the left pane of the screen.

d: Click on
    System maintenance

e: Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also try setting the priority of the service as low and check. Here is the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC
      or Right click on task bar and select Task manager.
    • Go to Details tab.
    • Locate Runtimebroker.exe and right click on that, click on
      Set priority, choose low from the drop down menu.
    • Click on Change priority.

To make sure your system is not affected, you may also run Windows Defender and check.

You may run Offline defender also. See the link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Disclaimer: Data or files which are infected by malware/virus might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Have a great day.

Navneet Anand, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Runtime Broker

Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

I've done as you directed. I hit end task on Runtime Broker. I took me a while to find the troubleshooter that was located in the control panel section. I ran the troubleshooter and it says it could not find any problems. After a while the runtime broker
    program started back up after ending task.

Windows10XboxOne, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Runtime Broker

1. Runtime Broker - Similar Threads - Runtime Broker

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  4. Runtime Broker

in Cortana
  5. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Cortana
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  6. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.8.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name:...
  7. Runtime broker stopped working fresh installs of windows 10 4 times in 3 days

8. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  9. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!: Hello, I have a problem related with runtime broker.exeSometimes when I search something throught the Windows search menu, I encounter a lag before writing the next letterAfter that, in reliability monitor, an error related to runtime broker...
  10. RUNTIME BROKER STOPPED WORKING !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging