Windows 10: Runtimebroker error when I open windows update?

Discus and support Runtimebroker error when I open windows update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For passed few weeks every so often when I open windows update through my search bar I get this error saying "the group or resource is not in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chowder908, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Runtimebroker error when I open windows update?

For passed few weeks every so often when I open windows update through my search bar I get this error saying "the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform this requested operation." Only Happens when opening windows update through the search bar. I've done a SFC no files seem corrupted and I've done malware scans to make sure not any malware nothing. Windows update still works and let's me install updates tho. Curious if this is a bug anyone else is having? Also, I'm doing a Windows 10 upgrade with the media creation tool to see if it fixes any possible corruption runtimebroker has.

submitted by /u/chowder908
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chowder908, Mar 5, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Runtimebroker error when I open windows update?

Live tiles not working and runtimebroker errors

Hey sorry I did not reply earlier.

It seems live tiles are now fixed, the apps needed to be launched again for the live tiles to be fully reset it seems.

However I'm still getting the RuntimeBroker errors in the System log. It seems to happen when I open the start menu and stay on it for a few seconds (seems the timing is similar to the time needed for the live tiles to animate).

I don't have much clues about those RuntimeBroker errors, trying to fix the permission did not work so...

ArthurMeyre, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Runtimebroker error when I open windows update?

1. Runtimebroker error when I open windows update? - Similar Threads - Runtimebroker error open

2. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  3. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  4. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation: Hi All I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com However, killing the process and restarting is only a temporary solution and does not actually assist in understanding what the issue that is causing...
  5. problems with runtimebroker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problems with runtimebroker: i needed to move a large file from my laptop to a pc. i didn't have a flash drive at hand so i removed my laptop's ssd and plugged it into the pc via an external adapter. it asked for administrator privileges to open the C: disk , which i confirmed with a "continue" button....
  6. RuntimeBroker error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RuntimeBroker error: i just have 9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276 RuntimeBroker but app need 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker how can i add it? in dcomcnfg.exe, is not 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker...
  7. Runtimebroker interrupting other application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Runtimebroker interrupting other application: hi, i am using third party video player which is used to play encrypted videos , while playing Runtimebroker was inputting the video player . one pop up was open screen recording was not allowed , how can i remove or stop the runtime broker....
  8. Error when I open Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when I open Windows Store: -Hello! -I run Windows 10 Pro on the latest version and up to date. -Every time I try opening Windows Store, the window flashes a split second and then disappears. -Searching for answers, stumbled upon running "wsreset.exe" in Run but i get the error message...
  9. RunTimeBroker using 80% of CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunTimeBroker using 80% of CPU: I cleaned installed 1809 (Windows 10 Enterprise 3) after running 1803... since then whenever that computer runs either one of the below listed live web cams the RunTimeBroker.exe starts hitting 75 to 85 percent of the CPU. http://sfbayospreys.org/...
  10. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker: I have been seeing the following even in my laptop's System log for quite some time. (Months.) The error says essentially: The user CALM1\BobTB, does not have Local Activation permission to the DCom app named RuntimeBroker. The application-specific permission settings...