Windows 10: Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down

Discus and support Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a one and some months year old Asus VivoBook and some months back, after trying all troubleshooters, I noticed that the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jolou2805, Feb 20, 2021.

1. jolou2805 Win User

Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down

Hello,

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I have a one and some months year old Asus VivoBook and some months back, after trying all troubleshooters, I noticed that the Windows Update and Windows Store related ones both show the "can't find the problem" message, and then as I go into details and detection details, it shows some BITS message error. I don't know how it affects my computers performance, but I dont know how to solve it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Today, I saw 3 pending small updates for my computer and I installed them and they were installed right away, with no need to restart. After that, I shut down my computer, and while the shut down screen was on, the Runtimebroker.exe error message appeared. It stayed for about 3 seconds, then it disappeared, the screen went black and the computer shut down. I got worried so i turned the computer on, used it for a bit and shut it down again and the error message didnt pop up that time. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I couldn't take a picture on time, but I found one online:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down 795b5499-f8d6-423f-b922-94648515c41a?upload=true.png

Is this a problem? Is it related to the BITS thing?

Is it the updates fault? Please help, the computer works fine although not always as fast as I want, but that has happened since day one.. so I think its normal and not a problem.

Thank you for your attention. :

:)

jolou2805, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Live tiles not working and runtimebroker errors

Hey sorry I did not reply earlier.

It seems live tiles are now fixed, the apps needed to be launched again for the live tiles to be fully reset it seems.

However I'm still getting the RuntimeBroker errors in the System log. It seems to happen when I open the start menu and stay on it for a few seconds (seems the timing is similar to the time needed for the live tiles to animate).

I don't have much clues about those RuntimeBroker errors, trying to fix the permission did not work so...

ArthurMeyre, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down :)

Eagle51, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Runtimebroker.exe error while shutting down - Similar Threads - Runtimebroker exe error

2. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shut down while in standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  7. RuntimeBroker error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RuntimeBroker error: i just have 9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276 RuntimeBroker but app need 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker how can i add it? in dcomcnfg.exe, is not 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker...
  8. error while shutting down pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error while shutting down pc: i am getting some program manager still running error whenever i shutdown windows it says force stop and shut down what to do sfc scan has no errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-shutting-down-pc/d817418a-9b25-4a74-94c0-53e3f5409e91
  9. RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine

RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine: My biggest client is a company in Charlotte that has 14 desktops on site and 4 Windows 10 virtual machines (three for a remote office, and one for a user that moves between locations). For over a decade, the virtual machines ran Windows XP and Office 2003 without incident....
  10. BSOD while shutting down...?

BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742