Windows 10: RuntimeBroker.exe

Discus and support RuntimeBroker.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I always have this error message everytime I open settings. Is this serious? What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nichol John, Nov 11, 2018.

1. RuntimeBroker.exe

RuntimeBroker.exe 79532c48-4d54-4a77-aa5f-cd0937fbd119?upload=true.png

I always have this error message everytime I open settings. Is this serious? What should I do?

:)

Nichol John, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them RuntimeBroker.exe :)

Eagle51, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Randy-SYR Win User

RuntimeBroker.exe

On Windows 10 Pro x64, DCOM Config shows two RuntimeBroker entries

After successfully correcting some 10016 errors that pointed to RuntimeBroker permissions, I've ended up with two (2) entries in DCOM Config for RuntimeBroker.

After several days, the 10016 errors have not reappeared and my system seems to be running fine but there remains two RuntimeBroker entries in DCOM.

SFC /scannow was no help nor did DSIM find anything (I didn't think either would)

Any suggestions?

RuntimeBroker.exe 21b1e8d7-9267-4fae-b45c-310dd43459fa.jpg

Randy-SYR, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

RuntimeBroker.exe

1. RuntimeBroker.exe - Similar Threads - RuntimeBroker exe

2. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  3. RuntimeBroker Error Application not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RuntimeBroker Error Application not found: When I right-click on a program icon in the start menu or File Explorer and ask to open the file location, I receive RuntimeBroker Error Application not found....
  4. runtimebroker event id 10016 not fixing. & unexpected restarts mid game. How to fix these...

runtimebroker event id 10016 not fixing. & unexpected restarts mid game. How to fix these...: I built this pc in 2022 December, everything new since the beginning I have has that error code. I've have tried everything I can find on the web to fix this error from showing up. It isn't working I've tried adding permissions to the appid cslid registry and the component...
  5. runtimebroker event id 10016 not fixing. & unexpected restarts mid game. How to fix these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    runtimebroker event id 10016 not fixing. & unexpected restarts mid game. How to fix these...: I built this pc in 2022 December, everything new since the beginning I have has that error code. I've have tried everything I can find on the web to fix this error from showing up. It isn't working I've tried adding permissions to the appid cslid registry and the component...
  6. How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...: So I’ve been getting this error code for about 2-3 its a hp pc and I’ve tried a lot of things and none of them work pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-runtimebroker-exe-application-error/a3189436-882b-499f-bd28-38e3927232f1
  7. How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...

How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...: So I’ve been getting this error code for about 2-3 its a hp pc and I’ve tried a lot of things and none of them work pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-runtimebroker-exe-application-error/a3189436-882b-499f-bd28-38e3927232f1
  8. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation: Hi All I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com However, killing the process and restarting is only a temporary solution and does not actually assist in understanding what the issue that is causing...
  9. problems with runtimebroker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problems with runtimebroker: i needed to move a large file from my laptop to a pc. i didn't have a flash drive at hand so i removed my laptop's ssd and plugged it into the pc via an external adapter. it asked for administrator privileges to open the C: disk , which i confirmed with a "continue" button....
  10. RunTimeBroker causing high disk usage at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    RunTimeBroker causing high disk usage at start up: Hello Runtimebroker is taking a lot of disk time at start up, slowing it down. It is used for apps, but I am not using them at start up. Any way I can force the priority lower till I need them? Thanks, V...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runtimebroker.exe file for windows 10

2. windows phone runtimebroker.exe