Windows 10: Russian Phonetic keyboard issue

Discus and support Russian Phonetic keyboard issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to re-install Windows 10. Now I cannot make use of the KU or WinRus Russian homophonic keyboards that I have been using for several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RBMNIC, Feb 13, 2021.

1. RBMNIC Win User

Russian Phonetic keyboard issue

I recently had to re-install Windows 10. Now I cannot make use of the KU or WinRus Russian homophonic keyboards that I have been using for several years. When I download and unpack them, Windows tells me that it cannot find the msi files. Instead, all I can do is download the Windows 10 alleged mnemonic keyboard, but it is absurd. For some Russian letters it requires using two or more keys, which not only disrupts the flow of typing but also requires memorizing what trigger key goes with what follow-on key to render the desired Cyrillic letter. The Windows 10 mnemonic keyboard seems to be identical with the Russian phonetic keyboard on Keyman, which is also absurdly structured with trigger keys and long delay keys to get to the desired Cyrillic letter.

Does anyone know how to download a usable Russian phonetic keyboard in the current version of Windows 10? I've tried to download from a variety of sources primarily colleges and universities, but none of them will install.

BTW, Google Chrome offers a good Russian phonetic keyboard extension that does not require using multiple key strokes for any Russian alphabet letter.

:)

RBMNIC, Feb 13, 2021
  2. ShuraRiga Win User

Russian Phonetic Keyboard for Windows 10

Not helpful

just a regular Russian keyboard was downloaded, not phonetic Russian

we asked for phonetic

ShuraRiga, Feb 13, 2021
  3. FLJBasiak Win User

In order to use a Russian phonetic keyboard, follow the following steps.

1. Go to "Region & Language" in your settings.

2. Click on Russian/ усский and click "Options."

3. Click on "Add a keyboard" and choose: Russian - Mnemonic.

I hope this helped you out.

NOTE: the "Йй" or J in western terms, is a bit glitchy.

FLJBasiak, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Dgden Win User

Since no one has specifically explained how to get the Russian phonetic let me try:

After you follow the instructions from the first post by Pawan Dhondiyal and you have the Russian Language added go back to the Language
    Control Panel (you'll see it if you just hit the start/windows button and start typing "language".

In there you will see the Russian language listed, Click on Options link to the right

Under Input Method click Add an Input Method

In the list select Russian - Mnemonic and that is the key

That is the phonetic keyboard you've been looking for and it's a very good one like typing "ya" will give you a "я" etc. As a tip I also bring up the on-screen keyboard when I use it in case I have difficulty guessing the English equivalent (again hit the
    start key and start typing "keyboard" and you will see it) sometimes when you switch it doesn't change the on-screen keyboard right away, click it somewhere or min/restore it and it will refresh.

The name Mnemonic is what threw me off at first and I started with Bulgarian Phonetic but that one is missing some Russian letters and is just not as good as the Mnemonic one.

Enjoy Russian Phonetic keyboard  issue :)

Dgden, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Russian Phonetic keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Russian Phonetic keyboard

2. HIndi Phonetic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HIndi Phonetic Keyboard: I have the Hindi Phonetic keyboard installed and it is working. However, I keep getting a weird reaction in it when I try to get the character 'ki' which should give me कि and does so in Word, but in OneNote is gives me the following which is not correct even though the drop...
  3. russian keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    russian keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?...
  4. russian keyboard

russian keyboard: Is there any way to type in russian, using the cyrilic alphabet. i don't want to type phonetically with an english keyboard nor do i want to switch over to exclusively a russian keyboard. is there an option to use on occasion?...
  5. Phonetic Ukrainian keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phonetic Ukrainian keyboard: I am using Windows 11 ARM processor Lenovo 5G device and I am not able to use a keyboard that I have used for years on previous machines. Is there a way to customize a keyboard layout on a Windows 11 ARM machine?Please let me know....
  6. Windows 10 Russian Phonetic Keyboard addendum

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Russian Phonetic Keyboard addendum: The initial discussion neglects to tell you how to get the other characters. After doing the steps in the prior keyboard addition of the Microsoft Russian keyboard, this is how you get to the missing Russian characters: The missing 6 Russian characters are created by using...
  7. Phonetic Keyboard

Phonetic Keyboard: How to get the Phonetic keyboard like Google Indic? I am trying to get it installed for last more than a month but failing to do so. If anyone can help to make my keyboard to work like Google Indic keyboard on most of the android phones, it will be really a great help to me....
  8. Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?

Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?: Hi folks, just purchased a new laptop and WIndows 10 no longer has the old phonetic keyboard i had on my 3 year old machine- both the old laptop and the windows russian phonetic keyboard. Is the old Phonetic Keybboard accessible somewhere to download/install? It's much...
  9. Issue with Bulgarian Keyboard (Phonetic)

Issue with Bulgarian Keyboard (Phonetic): I have installed Bulgarian keyboard (Phonetic) but it reset very often to BDS standard - not phonetic. Please understand that no one is using any longer the BDS keyboard. The BDS keyboard use in use with typewriters and with keyboards with Cyrillic letters on the keys - today...
  10. russian phonetic keyboard for Windows 10

russian phonetic keyboard for Windows 10: I have installed the Russian language pack on my computer but I want to use a phonetic keyboard i.e. one in which the Russian letters correspond phonetically to English letters. Please can you tell me how to do this. Thank you....