Windows 10: Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?

Discus and support Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks, just purchased a new laptop and WIndows 10 no longer has the old phonetic keyboard i had on my 3 year old machine- both the old laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreiL2040, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?

Hi folks,

just purchased a new laptop and WIndows 10 no longer has the old phonetic keyboard i had on my 3 year old machine- both the old laptop and the windows russian phonetic keyboard.

Is the old Phonetic Keybboard accessible somewhere to download/install? It's much simpler for me to have a normal one-keystroke per letter/symbol rather than the hokey occasional two-keystrokes for certain letters, which is what the mnemonic one has.

Thanks in advance

Andrei

:)

AndreiL2040, Mar 24, 2020
  2. FLJBasiak Win User

Russian Phonetic Keyboard for Windows 10

In order to use a Russian phonetic keyboard, follow the following steps.

1. Go to "Region & Language" in your settings.

2. Click on Russian/ усский and click "Options."

3. Click on "Add a keyboard" and choose: Russian - Mnemonic.

I hope this helped you out.

NOTE: the "Йй" or J in western terms, is a bit glitchy.

FLJBasiak, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Dgden Win User
    Russian Phonetic Keyboard for Windows 10

Since no one has specifically explained how to get the Russian phonetic let me try:

After you follow the instructions from the first post by Pawan Dhondiyal and you have the Russian Language added go back to the Language
    Control Panel (you'll see it if you just hit the start/windows button and start typing "language".

In there you will see the Russian language listed, Click on Options link to the right

Under Input Method click Add an Input Method

In the list select Russian - Mnemonic and that is the key

That is the phonetic keyboard you've been looking for and it's a very good one like typing "ya" will give you a "я" etc. As a tip I also bring up the on-screen keyboard when I use it in case I have difficulty guessing the English equivalent (again hit the
    start key and start typing "keyboard" and you will see it) sometimes when you switch it doesn't change the on-screen keyboard right away, click it somewhere or min/restore it and it will refresh.

The name Mnemonic is what threw me off at first and I started with Bulgarian Phonetic but that one is missing some Russian letters and is just not as good as the Mnemonic one.

Enjoy Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one? :)

Dgden, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?

The Russian mnemonic keyboard

Hi Leo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that two letters are missing on the Russian Mnemonic keyboard.

I suggest that you refer the following thread and try the suggestions provided by
    AlexVas on Jan 16, 2013.

Russian mnemonic keyboard three letters missing: щ ч э

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one?

1. Russian Phonetic Keyboard- not mnemonic can i find one? - Similar Threads - Russian Phonetic Keyboard

2. Windows 11. Russian mnemonic keyboard some letters missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Russian mnemonic keyboard some letters missing: Hello. The Russian mnemonic keyboard of Windows 11 lacks some letters that can be generated only by pressing 2 letters together. This is not the best way to use Russian letters. Why don't you also include Russian phonetic keyboards with all letters? There are several very...
  3. Windows 11. Russian mnemonic keyboard some letters missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. Russian mnemonic keyboard some letters missing: Hello. The Russian mnemonic keyboard of Windows 11 lacks some letters that can be generated only by pressing 2 letters together. This is not the best way to use Russian letters. Why don't you also include Russian phonetic keyboards with all letters? There are several very...
  4. Russian Phonetic keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Russian Phonetic keyboard issue: I recently had to re-install Windows 10. Now I cannot make use of the KU or WinRus Russian homophonic keyboards that I have been using for several years. When I download and unpack them, Windows tells me that it cannot find the msi files. Instead, all I can do is download...
  5. Microsoft Russian Mnemonics on-screen keyboard broken in tablet mode

Microsoft Russian Mnemonics on-screen keyboard broken in tablet mode: The built-in Microsoft Russian language Mnemonics on-screen keyboard is broken. At least letters Ч and Щ are not working. On one machine Surface Pro 3 nothing is output at all when pressing on the buttons with those characters, on another I get nothing and/or weird...
  6. Windows 10 Russian Phonetic Keyboard addendum

Windows 10 Russian Phonetic Keyboard addendum: The initial discussion neglects to tell you how to get the other characters. After doing the steps in the prior keyboard addition of the Microsoft Russian keyboard, this is how you get to the missing Russian characters: The missing 6 Russian characters are created by using...
  7. HINDI PHONETIC KEYBOARD DID NOT FIND

HINDI PHONETIC KEYBOARD DID NOT FIND: I HAVE A LAPTOP OF DELL WITH ORIGINAL WINDOW 10 BUT I HAVE TRIED A LOT BUT IT DID NOT SHOW HINDI PHONETIC KEYBOARD. WHAT CAN I DO ? IN SETTING > TIME AND LANGUAGE >LANGUAGE >ADD LANGUAGE> HINDI >OPTION > ADD KEYBOARD > did not have "HINDI PHONETIC KEYBOARDE"....
  8. russian phonetic keyboard for Windows 10

russian phonetic keyboard for Windows 10: I have installed the Russian language pack on my computer but I want to use a phonetic keyboard i.e. one in which the Russian letters correspond phonetically to English letters. Please can you tell me how to do this. Thank you....
  9. Ukrainian Russian mnemonic keyboard

Ukrainian Russian mnemonic keyboard: I am unable to find the uniquely Ukrainian letters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ukrainian-russian-mnemonic-keyboard/d41e6992-0962-4a46-b7e9-972bf93e2dd2
  10. Russian Mnemonic: Keyboard combination no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Russian Mnemonic: Keyboard combination no longer working: When I'm using app such as Word the keyboard combination to type certain russian special letters is no longer working. For example if I am to type "ю" it's "j"+"u", but know I get only "у" which is only the last letter "u ". [u=y pronounced "[I]u"[/I], j+u=ю which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. russian mnemonick keyboard

2. russian mnemonic keyboard missing letters