Windows 10: Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart

Discus and support Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Look at my post history for more context. Been having Msi Mech rx 5700 xt issues for over 6 months now. Basically the GPU blackscreens at any random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krissu423, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Krissu423 Win User

Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart

Look at my post history for more context.

Been having Msi Mech rx 5700 xt issues for over 6 months now. Basically the GPU blackscreens at any random time and I have to hold down the power button to turn off the computer and restart. Sometimes I get Wattmann error windows from the AMD software. I'm 100% sure it's a driver issue or maybe some drivers are conflicting with another software.

Things I've tried:

Using DDU to fresh install new drivers/older drivers/any adrenaline 2020/21 drivers.

Resetting Windows and deleting all files.

Messing around with power tuning/VRam tuning/Fan curve etc.

Playing with side panel open in case of overheating with max fan speeds.

Uninstalling all third-party software including RGB software for keyboard, ram etc.

Disabling AMD Freesync.

Installing the GPU drivers on another drive.

Using the AMD cleanup tool to cleanup any previous drivers.

Tbh there are many more things I've tried just can't name them all.

The problem started when, at the time of upgrading my GPU over 6 months ago, I accidentally installed new AMD drivers over my old GeForce drivers. I used DDU to cleanup everything and reset windows, but have been having problems ever since. Is there a chance somethings corrupted on the GPU?

Some useful files Event viewer logs in .evtx and .txt form, minidump file. For some reason the PC very rarely creates a minidump file. This is the first time in a while a minidump file was even created: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eavfzqz69ir1hpi/AAAEpAnQbEIpZvDt3gUbxuc2a?dl=0

:)

Krissu423, Mar 22, 2021
  2. eLPuSHeR Win User

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

Good day.

Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)?

I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model?

eLPuSHeR, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

Hi there, here are the specs for the PC:

Ryzen 2700x

Red Devil RX 5700 XT

16GB 3200mhz ram

MSI gaming plus x470 motherboard

Driver version for gpu: 20.1.3

Windows version 1909

I have two issues using this combo of windows and radeon drivers.

1. If the monitor is set to sleep in Power & Sleep settings, after it is woken up by activity it will cause my games to flash a black screen. I know this is AMD driver related, but unsure of if there are any fixes for it. It seemed to work on windows 1809
    in most games, but once I moved to 1909 none of them seem to work. No matter what I do, if the monitor is turned off to sleep it always makes games flash black screen. For now I have turned monitor sleep off and just enabled a screen saver instead, this seems
    to work fine and I no longer get the flashing black screens.

2. Hardware acceleration always needs to be disabled or I get black screens or it fails to load. If hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser it will sometime black screen during video playback. If I use windows video editior and try to export a video
    it will just say "exporting" but not actually do anything and just load forever. If I disable hardware acceleration there, it exports just fine.

Is there anything I can do to avoid these issues? Or is it just something I will have to wait for AMD to fix in an update?

SirShillBucks, Mar 22, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Upgrade?

UserBenchmark: AMD RX 5700 XT vs 580

The 5700 XT is a much more powerful card than the RX 580.

Is it worth the upgrade? Depends on your use. For MS Word and Web browsing, no.

bobkn, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Rx 5700 XT Blackscreens resulting in restart - Similar Threads - 5700 Blackscreens resulting

2. Is RX 6800 XT worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is RX 6800 XT worth it?: I am buying a new graphich card to combine with my AMD Ryzen 7 5800x CPU. I cheched bottle neck and RX 6800 XT will work great with my current cpu. But I am worrying about drivers with microsoft because apparently there is a bug that microsoft keep replacing AMD drivers....
  3. RX 6750XT Blackscreening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RX 6750XT Blackscreening: Hello! I have an issue with my RX 6750XT and have been having it off an on ever since I upgraded from a GTX 1070. I got a new SSD and installed Windows 10 PRO on it, but the problem still persists. The issue I am having is despite all the correct and up to date drivers, bios,...
  4. 5700 XT is broken after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5700 XT is broken after updates: 5700 XT constant stutter and BSOD with latest driverHello. There were no problems about a week ago, I was using my pc normally without any problems.After both windows update and amd driver update, my pc became extremely unstable, constant stutters, BSOD while gaming and got...
  5. 5700 XT is broken after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5700 XT is broken after updates: 5700 XT constant stutter and BSOD with latest driverHello. There were no problems about a week ago, I was using my pc normally without any problems.After both windows update and amd driver update, my pc became extremely unstable, constant stutters, BSOD while gaming and got...
  6. 5700 XT is broken after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No GPU Temp on 2004 with RX 5700 XT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No GPU Temp on 2004 with RX 5700 XT: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tonny5935 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1vj0k/no_gpu_temp_on_2004_with_rx_5700_xt/
  8. Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Radeon RX 5700 XT Issues: Hi there, here are the specs for the PC: Ryzen 2700x Red Devil RX 5700 XT 16GB 3200mhz ram MSI gaming plus x470 motherboard Driver version for gpu: 20.1.3 Windows version 1909 I have two issues using this combo of windows and radeon drivers. 1. If the monitor is...
  9. nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?: Good day. Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)? I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model? 137942
  10. Reference RX 5700 XT Testing

Reference RX 5700 XT Testing: My new card has just arrived today, so lets see how the new RX 5700 XT performs. In all of the test I will be using wattman to record gpu parameters and unigine superposition to benchmark the card, as I'm using an older cpu I will be running all the tests in 4k to reduce the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5700 xt restarts computer